Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Be careful, Elon has become somewhat political recently, and if you meet a Tesla hater with one particular political alignment you might be coming back to a vandalized car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be careful, Elon has become somewhat political recently, and if you meet a Tesla hater with one particular political alignment you might become back to a vandalized car.
Anything is possible. My take is that Musk should stay out of the public eye and concentrate on making things, which he does quite well. I think his hubris has taken over. Personally, I love my Tesla, but now, for Musk, not so much. That is a bumper sticker right there..."love the car, not the man" :D

·
Super Moderator
4,421 Posts
Be careful, Elon has become somewhat political recently, and if you meet a Tesla hater with one particular political alignment you might be coming back to a vandalized car.
I'm not sure that's fair to say. Tesla has always had haters. I've gotten the middle finger from people at an intersection in Michigan before. Assumed they were from one of the big 3.

Reactions: GDN

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
I avoid putting any kind of bumper sticker on my car - political or sports-team related. I generally don't like adorning my vehicles with extra stuff, but I also fear a hater of what my sticker says vandalizing my car.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I'm not sure that's fair to say. Tesla has always had haters. I've gotten the middle finger from people at an intersection in Michigan before. Assumed they were from one of the no-longer-quite-so-big 3.
I corrected that for you.

• Haha
Reactions: PNWmisty

·
Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
2,407 Posts
I avoid putting any kind of bumper sticker on my car - political or sports-team related. I generally don't like adorning my vehicles with extra stuff, but I also fear a hater of what my sticker says vandalizing my car.
I have the same fear regarding ANYTHING showing inside the car. I won't even put a Walgreens bag with a pack of diapers in the front or back seats in fear of someone breaking in just to steal it. It's also why I love my frunk!

Reactions: garsh

·
Super Moderator
4,421 Posts
Reactions: Charlie W and GDN

·
Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
2,407 Posts
Wish the frunk was auto or soft close.
I got the powered kit for both our Teslas. Game changer. Now I just need a way to use Siri on my phone to open the frunk with "hey Siri, open the pod bay doors".

• Haha
Reactions: Kizzy and Charlie W

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Came up with Muck Fusk.. others?
Actions speak louder than words. I judge a man by what he does, not by what he says and, by that measure, Musk outclasses just about every public figure that exists today.

Without Elon Musk the world would be more boring and a less happy place. We need more men like him.

·
Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
2,407 Posts
Actions speak louder than words. I judge a man by what he does, not by what he says and, by that measure, Musk outclasses just about every public figure that exists today.

Without Elon Musk the world would be more boring and a less happy place. We need more men like him.
He runs a business, which is moving more towards upper class territory, it’s not like he cured cancer or solved world hunger. He’s “doing” pretty much what any other CEO is doing, maximizing profits for his business.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

He is an embarrassment. He should stay away from all Media and stay in a room or facility working on projects, not spewing nonsense.

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
He’s “doing” pretty much what any other CEO is doing, maximizing profits for his business.
He lowered the cost of space flight and pushed the world towards switching to electric vehicles much sooner than it would have without Tesla.

He risked every last dollar of his own fortune to do so.

So no, he's not simply doing what any other CEO does.

Hate him if you want, but don't ignore what the man has actually accomplished.

·
Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
2,407 Posts
He lowered the cost of space flight and pushed the world towards switching to electric vehicles much sooner than it would have without Tesla.

He risked every last dollar of his own fortune to do so.

So no, he's not simply doing what any other CEO does.

Hate him if you want, but don't ignore what the man has actually accomplished.
I‘d love to say that Tesla’s goal is pushing the world to electrics, but it’s more like the goal is to sell a luxury vehicle that happens to be electric.

And I don’t hate people. I may disagree on some points, but disagreement isn’t a reason to hate anyone.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just returned from Europe where I could see the American decline more vividly than ever. We have reverted back to an old fashioned plantation system, ruled by wealthy, well connected people who are maniacal in their worship of wealth.
Musk is a hypocrite. What happened to his donation of Billions to stop world hunger?

·
Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
2,407 Posts
Looks to have been diverted to buy Twatter.
Cause having the freedom to post memes is more important then feeding the hungry!

But in all seriousness, his statement was against the idea that $6bil would solve world hunger. I'm in agreement with him in that there's too much greed across the entire process. The idea that $6bil would solve global hunger is a purely theoretical numbers statement, not based on an actual solution that can be implemented.

Reactions: PNWmisty
1 - 20 of 59 Posts