Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about pulling the trigger on some satin black powder coated OEM Performances 20" wheels + Michelin Pilot Sports. Im sure plenty have upgraded from the 18" Aeros.

Any regrets out there? Ride comfort, noise, range? Any drastic changes?

· Registered
1,220 Posts
I bent two of my 18" T-Sportlines on one pothole last spring.

· Registered
227 Posts
I have aftermarket 20's (wanted staggered dark rim setup)....no problems whatsoever.....roads out by me are good.....just have to be attentive to the roads if you are being adventurous and going "where no 20's should go"....also the 3 is not my daily which helps too

Reactions: SMITTY

· Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
1,363 Posts
Thinking about pulling the trigger on some satin black powder coated OEM Performances 20" wheels + Michelin Pilot Sports. Im sure plenty have upgraded from the 18" Aeros.

Any regrets out there? Ride comfort, noise, range? Any drastic changes?
IMO the biggest risk factor is where you drive and how well the roads are maintained...

I'll share a few pics from a member Jason of our NJ/NY Tesla FB group with a P3D... He just lost two tires (and at least one rim) to potholes and previously a tire or two last season.

IMO a 35-series tire is too risky for many metro areas, especially in the Northeast.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I'm sticking with a 19' upgrade w/ 40-series tire. *Detail in Signature :cool:

Attachments

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IMO the biggest risk factor is where you drive and how well the roads are maintained...

I'll share a few pics from a member Jason of our NJ/NY Tesla FB group with a P3D... He just lost two tires (and at least one rim) to potholes and previously a tire or two last season.

IMO a 35-series tire is too risky for many metro areas, especially in the Northeast.

View attachment 32150

I'm sticking with a 19' upgrade w/ 40-series tire. *Detail in Signature :cool:
Yikes! That hurts just looking at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.