Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator
10,256 Posts
I wish the car would automatically engage in "HOLD" when the car is stopped. As of now, we would have to apply the brakes twice, once to stop and again to hold.
that was not my experience. Press the brakes to come to a stop and hold is engaged.

10,954 Posts
As others have said, it’s really a single move as you just need more pressure. I wouldn’t want to change it to be automatic in case you didn’t want it to happen for whatever reason.

Say a manual trans car stops next to you on a hill and wants to start rolling back and forth — you show them how cool EVs are by doing the same and the world is rid of another ICE vehicle ;)

· Premium Member
430 Posts
As others have said, it's really a single move as you just need more pressure. I wouldn't want to change it to be automatic in case you didn't want it to happen for whatever reason.

Say a manual trans car stops next to you on a hill and wants to start rolling back and forth - you show them how cool EVs are by doing the same and the world is rid of another ICE vehicle ;)
I actually did this recently and my wife looked at me like I was insane.

· Super Moderator
10,256 Posts
Say a manual trans car stops next to you on a hill and wants to start rolling back and forth - you show them how cool EVs are by doing the same and the world is rid of another ICE vehicle ;)
This is only cool in places with flat ground. West coast, this is called the a pain in the ass part of driving a manual transmission car.

· Registered
215 Posts
This is only cool in places with flat ground. West coast, this is called the a pain in the ass part of driving a manual transmission car.
Not just West Coast... My part of Northwest Metro Atlanta is quite hilly, and I think I made the most use of my hand brake while I lived in Tallahassee, of all places. Most notably, there's a block that's on a 15% grade just east of the state capitol. Not much for the West Coast, but quite something for Florida!

10,954 Posts
This was my favorite part of owning a stick shift and getting to an offramp red light. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.