Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometime the wipers get all crazy just because of a small spray so one would think that with that much water on the windshield the wipers would activate on their own without me needing to push the button.

· Super Moderator
17,757 Posts
I'd rather have my wipers do their job.
I'd rather you be able to see clearly out your windshield. Even with the wipers, it makes a huge difference in visibility.

If you have any car wax lying around, try a little of that on the windshield instead. It will have the same effect.

Rain-X does make a yuuge difference under ideal conditions, but it's soooo picky about dust, dirt, etc. and needs to be constantly reapplied - for me - it's not worth the trouble.
I don't find that to be true at all. Even on a vehicle that hasn't had it applied in a year, the residual effect still makes it easier to see than a never-treated windshield.

· Premium Member
775 Posts
Sometimes its like people are driving completely different cars. You're talking about Tesla wipers, right? Mine have worked very well for the last couple years. Once in a blue moon I hit the side stalk for a swipe, but most of the time I think about needing the wipers and they come on. And, yes, they will clean the front for better camera viewing during FSD...

· Registered
60 Posts
Sometimes its like people are driving completely different cars. You're talking about Tesla wipers, right? Mine have worked very well for the last couple years. Once in a blue moon I hit the side stalk for a swipe, but most of the time I think about needing the wipers and they come on. And, yes, they will clean the front for better camera viewing during FSD...
Me?

During FSD.... often times - my wipers come on without it raining. Especially at night.

We may be driving completely different cars based on the software version you are using. My wipers used to be just fine and I could turn them off while FSD was engaged. Now? I can't.

· Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe the water does not accumulate as much over the glass where the camera is located due to the windshield curvature. If that's the case, maybe putting rain-x on the windshield except around the camera window will create an equilibrium between the two areas.

· Registered
4,298 Posts
I think the manual suggested not using it in the reservoir, but treating your windshield with it manually is a completely different method (I personally use a ceramic coat on my windshield and highly recommend it).

· Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the manual suggested not using it in the reservoir, but treating your windshield with it manually is a completely different method (I personally use a ceramic coat on my windshield and highly recommend it).
I'm a newbie when it comes to ceramic coating. What brand do you recommend and how often do you reapply?

· Premium Member
915 Posts
Mine often have no clue in dusk and dawn (lower light) situations and the only fix is setting them to a manual intermittent speed or hitting the stalk for a single wipe

I've remarked before the "vision sensor" just is not as good as the old tech in our 2017 Audi with auto wipers that work much better. Oh well

· Super Moderator
17,757 Posts
I thought the manual was super clear on not using that?
It says not to use washer fluids that contain those sorts of additives.
It says this is due to streaking smearing and squeaking, but I think other people have had issues with such additives clogging the washer fluid hoses and nozzles.

Using Rain-X on the windshield is fine.

Mammal Font Rectangle Handwriting Circle

· Registered
5 Posts
It says not to use washer fluids that contain those sorts of additives.
It says this is due to streaking smearing and squeaking, but I think other people have had issues with such additives clogging the washer fluid hoses and nozzles.

Using Rain-X on the windshield is fine.

View attachment 40586
Whoops - Must have mis-read it then. This is great news! I am going to be applying it ASAP as I had it on my Audi before and it was amazing!

· Registered
4,298 Posts
I'm a newbie when it comes to ceramic coating. What brand do you recommend and how often do you reapply?
I was too. I am using Klasse all-in-one. I believe someone in this forum recommended this product. They say that one application should last 4-6 months, but I think 2-3 is realistic. An application takes less time than thoroughly cleaning the windshield. The advertised price may seem a bit steep, but a single bottle should last 3-5 years and costs about $30 if I remember correctly. And BTW, put it on your mirrors and front fascia to make bug clean up much, much easier.

· Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am using Klasse all-in-one.
I've looked up Klasse on Amazon but what I found isn't "ceramic", it's an acrylic. And from my readings it's for the body not the windshield. I must not have found the right product. I would appreciate if you could share a link to the Amazon page or maybe a picture of the bottle. Thanks.

· Registered
4,298 Posts
If you're seeing Klasse All-in-One polish on Amazon, that's it. 10 oz, 16.9 oz, or 33 oz. I was led to believe that it's ceramic, but since you brought it up, I can't find anything definitive about that.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.