Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of Model Y LR picked up in June 2021. I seen online with many folks saying OEM tires dont last too long etc. Any suggestions, what make and model is best suited for 20" Induction Wheels that is good for Winter(east coast) and other seasons. Hoping non-OEM tires give good mileage as well less road noise.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I'm interested in this topic as well. I went to Costco to inquire about compatible tires for my Y and the rep told me that I should stick with the same brand of tires that came with the car. He said that all other tires would have higher road noise and lower milage. He said that the Tesla tires have a layer of foam that reduces road noise.

I'd like to hear from other forum members that have opted for a different brand of tires on their Y whether they are experiencing higher road noise and lower milage as stated by the Costco rep.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The tires last pretty well for most folks. I wouldn't panic.
I will add that some tires for first time owners may wear a little faster, that's because some folks really like the fast starts and practice them regularly.

EV tires are generally a little different than other vehicles. They are designed to reduce rolling resistance, which is one reason why the tire pressure is so high. When compared to a soft tire, the range can vary significantly. And yes Tesla has foam in the tire to reduce the noise, but this is getting more common across may vehicles.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Check out this tire review.

Reactions: Achooo

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
The purpose of this post is to hear from people in this forum who have real-life experience with using tires that are different from the ones that came with the car.
You are not actually the OP of this thread. Other members may find the information useful, including the OP. When clarifying your requests in the future, please do so in a less antagonistic manner.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
You are not actually the OP of this thread. Other members may find the information useful, including the OP. When clarifying your requests in the future, please do so in a less antagonistic manner.
I felt the reply was addressed to me. I was mistaken. Sorry.

I've created a new thread.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
More great reviews. Better than the winter tires.

Available on the Model 3 and 1st gen Model S. Unfortunately it's not yet available for the Model Y. My bad!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had a set of those Cross Climate 2 tires on my model 3 for 10k miles now. They handle well in the dry, (way better than MXM4, almost as good as the PS4S) and amazing in the wet and snow. They also show minimal wear. One downside is that they seem to have increased my Wh/mile by 10%. You certainly notice that on road trips when Supercharging and you need to sit there for an extra 10-15 minutes to get that last bit of charge from 80-90%

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I'm interested in replacing my OEM tires; Pirelli P-Zeros 255/35/21 (f)/ 275/35/21 (r) with Michelin's All Season Pilot Sport 4 265/35zr21 (f) /295/32zr21 (r). Has anyone have experience with the intended replacement and if so should I be worried about rubbing conditions?
Thank you, J

·
Go Leafs Go
337 Posts
I'm considering the same model tires (but 20") as Jent360. We're moving from San Diego where summer tires (really liked the PS4S) was a nobrainer, up to Washington state where it rains all the time. All Season PS4 seems like the most logical replacement. Thoughts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts