Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post so here goes.....

Getting ready to tint my windows on my 2020 M3 with a black exterior/white interior and I'm torn between percentages:

20% or 30% for back and sides?
55% or 70% Front Windshield?

Also doing a chrome delete. I'm not looking to completely "Murder" out my car. A little privacy would be a bonus. Being below the legal limit is also not a concern. Heat rejection is the main reason I'm tinting everything. I found lots of YouTube videos and forums that have been helpful but would love to see photos if anyone has white interior with 20 or 30% on their windows (especially if you have a black exterior). I'm also wondering if 55% on the windshield would be too dark? From what I've read so far, having white interior will make the tint appear roughly 10% lighter than its rating.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks sharp. I've never tinted a car and choosing a tint percentage is tough. It seems that the general consensus is whichever tint you go with on white interior will look 10% lighter. Privacy is secondary to heat rejection for me. Man I wish there was somewhere I could go to see white interior M3's with different tint percentages. Online photos/videos are helpful but it depends on the lighting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts