Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone seen the above message in the app since the weather has gotten colder? I’m not sure if there an actual problem with the charge latch, or if this is the anticipated behaviour the car dies in colder weather to prevent the charging cable from getting stuck.
The app makes it seem like the latch is broken or needs to be defrosted. Charging still appears normal when it’s going.
Any insights would be great.
I've been seeing this exact behaviour as well since the cold weather set in. I'm in TO (2018 M3 LR).

The car still charges fine - but it doesn't seem like the car is locking the cable. Once it starts charging, the cable does lock as expected. I'm also not consistently getting the car to open the charge port (have to manually open) so I do suspect a service trip is coming. Unfortunately I'm out of warranty now, so not looking forward to the cost of repair.

· Registered
8 Posts
Didn’t happen for me until exterior temp was in the 40s and, even then, didn’t happen after charging but, instead, when plugging in after a drive.

I will say that, with a 2018 RWD LR, I’m most definitely pre-CCS but I did recently have my charge port replaced due to the door actuator failing.
i suspect my actuator has also failed/is failing. Thanks for the tip. Wish it had failed a few months ago. My car is almost a Theseus Ship at this point. Lots of parts were replaced prior to warranty expiration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts