Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· re member
887 Posts
I would not recommend pulling the cable since that is for unlatching what this message is saying isn’t latched.

That aside, I started getting the message a few days ago and opened a service ticket with attached screenshots of how it charged just fine and was an intermittent issue. My supposition was that the error message is due to code in a recent app update (likely that vs car and from sometime during warm weather in the northern h) which broke the previous temperature to latch message correlation based on the car’s cold weather latch behavior.

I set the appointment for early next month in hopes they’ll fix the glitch without needing to see the car. Since we have no other way to truly report bugs in the firmware or app software (save for doing an app review they’ll never see), I can only think a bunch of us opening service tickets might get this fixed before the spring. In the meantime, if your dead fronts are present and charging behaves normally, you can otherwise ignore the error message.

Personally, I don’t like the cold weather latch behavior since some nefarious types will unplug another person’s car. I really wish it would simply warn us the temp may cause freezing of latch so defrosting may be necessary.

· re member
887 Posts
I have a 2018 Model 3 as well, but I've had no errors on the display screen or in the app. If this is becoming a common issue for 2018's, it's possible that it's not so much due to the year as with the charge port ECU revision - my charge port was replaced when the car was new.

Or perhaps I haven't seen an error yet, and the division line is whatever ECU version has CCS enabled (mine does not).
Your profile says you’re in Orlando FL. If that’s the case and it is associated with the cold weather latch protocols, I doubt you’ll see this issue until, maybe, January or February if at all.

· re member
887 Posts
It was down to the 50's over this weekend. I don't know if that's cold enough though.

Even so, it seems like the division line might be pre-CCS charge ports.
Didn’t happen for me until exterior temp was in the 40s and, even then, didn’t happen after charging but, instead, when plugging in after a drive.

I will say that, with a 2018 RWD LR, I’m most definitely pre-CCS but I did recently have my charge port replaced due to the door actuator failing.

· re member
887 Posts
The reply I received from Tesla service in Toronto was “this is a current know characteristic of firmware which will be resolved in a future update”
They did not reply when I asked when this might happen
Finally got my service ticket updated and they closed it with the same comment:
Font Technology Darkness Circle Terrestrial plant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts