Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
We also could see alerts that had been read vs unread at a glance thanks to the red line dividing the 2. Not so obvious anymore.
Agee

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Are you using a VPN? That may cause the flag to change if you have not added your location to your account.

- Cricket
I’m always on a VPN, and have been for years. And my account has had a city and state associated with it since joining, also years ago. So why the country flag errors now?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I’m always on a VPN, and have been for years. And my account has had a city and state associated with it since joining, also years ago. So why the country flag errors now?
And now back to the correct US flag.
Has Tesla’s V11 code team migrated to forum software development?

·
Super Moderator
5,688 Posts
One note about location and the country flag (if all is working correctly.). If you'll hover your mouse over the flag it will give the city and state of the user too. I much prefer it to show all the time vs the hover, but that is how it seems to work here.

Reactions: DocScott

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
One note about location and the country flag (if all is working correctly.). If you'll hover your mouse over the flag it will give the city and state of the user too. I much prefer it to show all the time vs the hover, but that is how it seems to work here.
Without a mouse though, as for an iPad or iPhone, nothing seems to happen when touching the (tiny) flag. Yes, would much prefer written location info.

·
Administrator
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Preference Settings To Display Your Vehicle Information

Click on your avatar in the upper right-hand corner of the community and select Account Settings.
Font Gadget Screenshot Parallel Technology

Scroll down to Vehicle Details and enter your information.
Automotive exterior Font Display device Magenta Auto part

When you are done, scroll to the bottom to click Save
Purple Rectangle Yellow Violet Font

This will make it so your vehicle information displays below your avatar area next to your posts.
Automotive lighting Communication Device Font Gadget Audio equipment

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Can we get our old post reactions back? Mainly, get rid of the negatives and bring back agree, helpful, and informative?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Have you tried a long click?

- Cricket
There is no way to tap on the flag icon. The tap diverts to the title (e.g. “Super Moderator”), or the following line. Even if zoomed in a great deal, I cannot tap on the flag icon, nor tap-and-hold.

·
Administrator
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Can we get our old post reactions back? Mainly, get rid of the negatives and bring back agree, helpful, and informative?
That is not something I can change at this time but we will be working to improve them.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
2,409 Posts
When clicking the "New" icon at the top, there's a filter that's on by default (Unread discussions). What does that mean? I noticed if I "uncheck" that option more threads are listed. Without or without that option it lists threads that I've posted in as well as those that I haven't. So not clear on what gets filtered out by that option.

IMHO it should be disabled by default as it seems to filter out some threads without any logical reason.

·
Administrator
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
When clicking the "New" icon at the top, there's a filter that's on by default (Unread discussions). What does that mean? I noticed if I "uncheck" that option more threads are listed. Without or without that option it lists threads that I've posted in as well as those that I haven't. So not clear on what gets filtered out by that option.

IMHO it should be disabled by default as it seems to filter out some threads without any logical reason.
NEW is for all UNREAD posts in the community. The filter is available if you want it set up differently.

How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default.

Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
2,409 Posts
NEW is for all UNREAD posts in the community. The filter is available if you want it set up differently.

How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default.

Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket
What's the difference with "Unread discussions" checked and without it checked?

·
Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
2,409 Posts
Unchecked would include both read and unread, the same as the Popular tab within NEW.

- Cricket
Got it. "Unread" as in haven't entered that thread since it was last posted too. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: Adminstrator

·
re member
806 Posts
A common issue with new updates to forum software has raised its ugly head: first letter capitalization after blank line following a quote (when using “reply” anyway) has been disabled.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
After the site was updated, I had to sign back in (no big deal). But now every thread had its status reset to unread, which is kind of annoying. Did that happen to everyone else, too?

Also, I'm kind of sad that not only have the reaction options changed, but all the old reactions have been erased. It was useful, when looking through old threads, to see posts that large numbers of people agreed with or found helpful/informative.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
But it's better. We've been told it's better.

It’s been a long time coming. Let’s face it. Sometimes older forum technology lags behind other parts of the internet. Although seeing the same format for a long time is comforting, the member experience shouldn’t include dealing with outdated, unsafe, slow software.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Klaus-rf and GDN

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The ad feed seems to have changed. I think that it was google, now it seems to be yahoo. I may be wrong on that, but something about the ad choices has changed on this site, but not on other sites/forums which I visit, so I don't think that it is reflective of my general browser history.

41 - 60 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.