Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Custom plate or Green plate on your EV?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per subject, would you go with a custom plate and forgo using the HOV when you're alone or go with a green plate?

I have had my custom plate since 2001 and would love to use it on my 3 but if I do that, I can't use HOV when I drive alone to/from work. Plus there is no green custom plate available currently.

What would you pick? Please response via the poll, thanks.

10,954 Posts
As per subject, would you go with a custom plate and forgo using the HOV when you're alone or go with a green plate?

I have had my custom plate since 2001 and would love to use it on my 3 but if I do that, I can't use HOV when I drive alone to/from work. Plus there is no green custom plate available currently.

What would you pick? Please response via the poll, thanks.
I voted for fun. In Florida it's handled differently though. With an EV you can get a sticker for your back windshield that gets you into the HOV lane and still have a custom plate. Score one for having your cake and eating it too!

I suppose for you this comes down to a few thoughts that I have organized below:
  • Is traffic that bad in your area?
  • Wait, more traffic means more time in your car...
  • Keep the custom plate! ;)

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is tough to decide, I still haven't made up my mind yet. Yes, being in the GTA area having the green plate & ability to use the HOV during rush hour is a plus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.