Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Dead Model X

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Klaus-rf 
#1 ·
So my cousin with a 2020 Model X walked back to his X and found it dead in the water. Neither one of us have access to the vehicle in the app. Popped the hood open and tried to jump the 12V but nothing turns on.

It’s currently awaiting towing, but wondering if anyone has experience with a completely dead X.

#2 ·
You might have a dead cell 12V battery. You can test that by removing the battery leads from the 12V battery and connecting them directly to the jump starter. If everything wakes up, you have a dead cell 12V battery.

#3 ·
Yes. Ish. I often had no driving and dead screen for a few hours. Once everything shut down when driving. Cruised to a halt. Nothing worked - but it was already unlocked. Waited four hours for a ranger and before they came - it came back to life and I drove off.
The queue behind me must have thought I was some special kind of MoFo to just sit there and block the road and then drive off!

#4 ·
Did you do anything to get it back online? The tow truck eventually came and towed it to a service center (never got a chance to test jumping with the 12V disconnected). But being on a Saturday evening, nothing will be done till Monday at the earliest. 19hours + and it's still showing offline in the app.

• Sad
Reactions: DocScott
#5 ·
So the cause of the issue was a key fob!? Somehow I don’t buy that. Not sure what they did, but it’s online now and he got the vehicle back with only a fob being replaced. What makes this excuse ridiculous is that he didn’t even have the key fob on him when he found it dead. He’d left the house by starting the vehicle from the app and left the fob at home (told him that it was a bad idea already). Came back to the vehicle and it was dead. Towed to service center Sat night and for 24 hours neither one of us can connect to the vehicle. So SOMETHING must have been done after 24 hours, but they say they didn’t do anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.