Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you been selected to participate in the new FSD SW release?

3501 - 3520 of 3576 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Cross your fingers for me. I see that I have a download waiting when I get my model 3 back from a tire replacement.

· Registered
37 Posts
Worked late tonight....then at about 1am i got a software update message popup on my phone. No way, it couldnt be...proboly just another update. I quickly googled what 2022.20.17 was, and...finally...FSD Beta!

I have been waiting to get in the program for months, i thought musk said he was adding beta testers after AI day? Guess he started early! I had a safety score of 98.

First impressions, its good, but not perfect. The first drive on it was to 7/11, yes at 1:45AM, to get ice tea (I LOVE SWEET TEA). Anyways, this involved a very complicated situation with 2 traffic circles next to each other and construction in and around them with roads blocked off. Super complex. It got very confused, but in a safe way...the car simply stopped not knowing what to do.

After 7/11, again through that circle area and blocked roads, i had to take over due to a road closed sign that it was trying to get on.

The rest of the drive (25 miles) was completed on FSD Beta without any intervention from me. All the way to my doorstep. Pretty cool! But like others say, its good they are using the inside camera and such, you need to pay attention, its cool and fun, but far from perfect.

--John

· Registered
141 Posts
I just got the notification for 2022.20.17 finally! Very excited.

Reactions: Shilliard528

· Registered
141 Posts
I just got the notification for 2022.20.17 finally! Very excited.
The turning at night was not great. Very choppy turning at intersections. In all fairness, it was dark, not really well lit, so I'm not sure how it will handle the same route later today in full sunlight. Followed a little too closely when taking a right turn lane behind another car.

· Premium Member
2020 MX Long Range Plus
283 Posts
10.69.2.1 keeps putting me in left lane on a 2 lane road. I want to stay in right lane just over the speed limit but FSDBeta keeps turning on left signal and pushing me over to left, when nothing is in front of me for over half a mile. So much for keep right except for passing
Same here, also cannot distinguish a long exit on two lane and pushes you into right turn just to jump back. Frustrating. i push the Beta button and send email.

· Registered
141 Posts
First drive (18 Mdl 3) with .69.2 today:

• Car opened initially using phone via BT (NOT via phone app).
  • Then I did a three-fingered reboot (SOP since getting ANY update for four years now). Then after phone and key cards were no longer recognized (but I was already inside the car)
Suddenly this morning my iPhone running iOS16 worked to play podcasts, but the car demanded the card key. I had to unpair the card from my profile, and repair it with the profile and key card like it was new. No clue why suddenly it stopped working.

Has anyone else seen Key/mobile device issues this build? (i'm using 2022.23.101.2 on a 2022 model X)

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I just learned even an Autopilot disconnect with FSD off counts as a strike. OWCH!

I have seen ‘instant’, Autopilot disconnects as well as other one time events on Autopilot. Having one called an FSD strike… well disappointing.

Bob Wilson

· Registered
408 Posts
I just learned even an Autopilot disconnect with FSD off counts as a strike. OWCH!

I have seen ‘instant’, Autopilot disconnects as well as other one time events on Autopilot. Having one called an FSD strike… well disappointing.

Bob Wilson
That's how I lost my FSD back in the days!

Btw. totally off topic, but where do you change your signature line again?

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
That's how I lost my FSD back in the days!

Having been 'locked out' for several months, my interest in testing FSD is significantly reduced. Testing has been 'free labor' but Tesla apparently lost interest in my efforts. I'll wait until a less draconian 'slap down' occurs ... if ever.

Under my profile, there is a tab called "About" that appears to show my signature. But my understanding a signature requires some minimum level of paid member support. It is probably something best described by a moderator.

Bob Wilson

· Registered
141 Posts
Click on your profile pict.
Select account Settings
Just over half way down on the right side list of options is Signature.

· Registered
226 Posts
Had my first 30 min+ drive with 0 intervention, covering surface streets, highway, and residential. And at night time. I tapped Acc a handful of times due to my own impatience and a couple blinkers for lane change preference. But it would have gotten me home without those. I felt like those Youtubers who always have ‘perfect‘ drives. Very impressed. Just needs to autopark in my garage to complete the process. And to be fair the return trip was not so successful.

· Registered
226 Posts
More details would be most appreciated.
Sure. Interestingly, the route was different, likely due to traffic time. But the ~5 disengagements over that 30 min drive were mostly map related issues. it made a right turn at a light and stayed in the rightmost lane which itself was a right turn exit only, where it should have moved over one lane to continue straight. On a 4 lane road it wanted to change lanes for no good reason. I think the old maps were programmed back when it was a 2 lane road. The only dangerous one was in residential area approaching an island it chose the left side of the island, so directly into oncoming traffic lane. I let it play out seeing no traffic coming. Most of the time it gets that choice right, but this was one of those it didn’t. Even this 30 min drive, 29 min had no problems.

· Registered
141 Posts
Is there a cadence to the full self driving beta releases? Like every two weeks, three weeks etc.?

· Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,519 ·
Is there a cadence to the full self driving beta releases? Like every two weeks, three weeks etc.?
For awhile, every 2 weeks was the plan, but that’s not the situation recently. This shows the timing of my FSD Beta releases over the past year.
Font Rectangle Pattern Number Electric blue

3501 - 3520 of 3576 Posts