Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you been selected to participate in the new FSD SW release?

3521 - 3540 of 3576 Posts

· Premium Member
2020 MX Long Range Plus
283 Posts
Sure. Interestingly, the route was different, likely due to traffic time. But the ~5 disengagements over that 30 min drive were mostly map related issues. it made a right turn at a light and stayed in the rightmost lane which itself was a right turn exit only, where it should have moved over one lane to continue straight. On a 4 lane road it wanted to change lanes for no good reason. I think the old maps were programmed back when it was a 2 lane road. The only dangerous one was in residential area approaching an island it chose the left side of the island, so directly into oncoming traffic lane. I let it play out seeing no traffic coming. Most of the time it gets that choice right, but this was one of those it didn’t. Even this 30 min drive, 29 min had no problems.
Agree, the annoying lane changes for no reason, or to move into slower lane right lane for no reason. It should have code that if a Prius is seen, don't go into that lane.

· Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,522 ·
Agree, the annoying lane changes for no reason, or to move into slower lane right lane for no reason. It should have code that if a Prius is seen, don't go into that lane.
I have a bigger problem with it wanting to go around something when not appropriate or changing into the other lane because it can gain by 1 car length. Or, just this morning I was in right lane with right turn coming up in about 0.2 miles. Right lane was congested and moving slow and it started to change to left lane; I took over. I just don’t want to be that a**hole driver pushing back into the right lane at the last moment. “City” traffic is sometimes about waiting in line. Although I’m not British, I can do a queue. 😏 Chill setting, which is meaningless.

I do find fewer of these unnecessary lane change attempts than there once was, but still there in 10.69.2.

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Since an Autopilot bounce is treated as an FSD strike even if FSD is off, I give up. When I strike out, Autopilot is good enough.

Tesla wins. I can no longer recommend FSD:
  • Does not transfer with car.
  • “Strike” penalty is too severe
  • Uses Autopilot disconnect as a strike even if FSD is turned off
  • Problem reporting is not ISO 9000 compliant
Bob Wilson

· Registered
141 Posts
Have anyone noticed that the Beta isn't too good at deciding which lane is the best when an upcoming turn involves turn only, straight only, and straight and turn etc? I find myself having to force the car into the correct lane on the highway because I don't want it to try at the last minute to make a turn in reasonably heavy traffic. (NOVA area, near Dulles Airport)

· Registered
2,358 Posts
There's Problem Reporting??

NONE of Tesla's software is ISO compliant. It's too new, too ground-breaking, the smartest guy in the room, etc. to be burdened by any standards. There's not even a specification of what Tesla software is supposed to do (well, other than "Drive unattended from New York To Los Angeles" which it is DECADES away from).

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
There's Problem Reporting???
Sure:
  • File a report with NHTSA
  • Make an entertaining YouTube video showing how to replicate
  • Craft a Twitter posting tagging Elon
  • Write a letter to your Congress critters asking for help
  • Replace that failure with something else
Bob Wilson

Reactions: Mike

· Premium Member
65 Posts
Under my profile, there is a tab called "About" that appears to show my signature. But my understanding a signature requires some minimum level of paid member support. It is probably something best described by a moderator.
Under Account Details (icon) - Account Settings - Signature

· Premium Member
65 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question here - but I got the FSD Beta with the wide roll-out (10.69.1?) but there was no section in the release notes on how we are supposed to submit bug reports.
Watching earlier FSD videos it looked like there was a special button on the screen to push to report errors back to the team - but I don’t see any special buttons or sections on the screen…

· Registered
71 Posts
There is a camera icon located in the top left part of the map screen next to the temperature indicator. If you open to full FSD screen, the icon moves over to the upper right of the screen.

· Registered
2,358 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question here - but I got the FSD Beta with the wide roll-out (10.69.1?) but there was no section in the release notes on how we are supposed to submit bug reports.
Watching earlier FSD videos it looked like there was a special button on the screen to push to report errors back to the team - but I don’t see any special buttons or sections on the screen…
I'd post a picture but that section of my screen is so smudged and worn as to be totally unreadable due to over-use of that "button".

· Premium Member
2020 MX Long Range Plus
283 Posts
Since an Autopilot bounce is treated as an FSD strike even if FSD is off, I give up. When I strike out, Autopilot is good enough.

Tesla wins. I can no longer recommend FSD:
  • Does not transfer with car.
  • “Strike” penalty is too severe
  • Uses Autopilot disconnect as a strike even if FSD is turned off
Bob Wilson
Interesting, have you considered it could be your driving habits? I haven't had strikes and have used FSD Beta from Fl to Maine and back twice. Good luck

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Interesting, have you considered it could be your driving habits? ..,
No problem. You have just accused FSD of not being a general, automated driver product. After all, I am not the only one.

Change the ‘strike out’ rule to the Autopilot ‘timeout’ and there won’t be a problem. We can experimentally map out what is going on and learn how to avoid it.

Bob Wilson

· Registered
243 Posts
As I understand it, FSD is now "widely available" to anyone who requests it via the button on the Autopilot screen. That said, it seems like you would still have to agree to the stupid driver scoring system. Is that correct? I do not want to put up with Tesla docking me points because I turn too fast or because the stupid warning system goes off for no reason when someone is turning right in front of me. The scoring system is the reason I dropped out of the beta selection process - I don't like anyone (including a computer) telling me how to drive.

The only way I'll ever sign up for FSD is if they do away with that stupidity. I was HOPING the "wide" rollout would be the time for that, but I guess not??

· re member
888 Posts
As I understand it, FSD is now "widely available" to anyone who requests it via the button on the Autopilot screen. That said, it seems like you would still have to agree to the stupid driver scoring system. Is that correct? I do not want to put up with Tesla docking me points because I turn too fast or because the stupid warning system goes off for no reason when someone is turning right in front of me. The scoring system is the reason I dropped out of the beta selection process - I don't like anyone (including a computer) telling me how to drive.

The only way I'll ever sign up for FSD is if they do away with that stupidity. I was HOPING the "wide" rollout would be the time for that, but I guess not??
That’ll probably happen when (if) they finally drop the beta designation.

· Premium Member
2020 MX Long Range Plus
283 Posts
No problem. You have just accused FSD of not being a general, automated driver product. After all, I am not the only one.

Change the ‘strike out’ rule to the Autopilot ‘timeout’ and there won’t be a problem. We can experimentally map out what is going on and learn how to avoid it.

Bob Wilson
Yes, also, I don't have a cabin camera. This may be helping me. ;)

3521 - 3540 of 3576 Posts