Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2019 Model 3 dual motor since October 2019. It has of course had strange behavior here and there, but Friday evening, while driving, the screen completely locked up with just the spinning wheel in a few places. I held both buttons to reset the screen, and the car performed a complete factory reset. Literally all of my settings are gone, all of my map data, everything.

I happened to have a service appointment scheduled already for the next morning, but they said 'unable to reproduce issue', and 'unable to see in logs', even though I gave them the exact time it happened.

This is even more frustrating than that one update that completely changed the layout of the screen. Has anyone else experienced this recently? I see only posts from a few years ago.

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,099 Posts
I've had my 2019 Model 3 dual motor since October 2019. It has of course had strange behavior here and there, but Friday evening, while driving, the screen completely locked up with just the spinning wheel in a few places. I held both buttons to reset the screen, and the car performed a complete factory reset. Literally all of my settings are gone, all of my map data, everything.

I happened to have a service appointment scheduled already for the next morning, but they said 'unable to reproduce issue', and 'unable to see in logs', even though I gave them the exact time it happened.

This is even more frustrating than that one update that completely changed the layout of the screen. Has anyone else experienced this recently? I see only posts from a few years ago.
Same EXACt thing just happened today on my 2019 3. And it’s not a profile reset. It’s a FACTORY reset. EVERYTHING is gone!!! Got prompted for an update after the reset, which I’m applying now. Will see if configs return after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts