Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, Jim O from Cleveland, Ohio here. I've had my Model Y since March of 2022. In general I'm very happy with it. Looking forward to hearing of experiences that other users have had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the adaptive cruise control. The ride is a bit stiffer than I would have expected. Of course since this is my first BEV, I like not having to go to the gas station.

I'm unsure of how often I will need to go for servicing. Will Tesla send notifications?

I am also unsure why I keep getting dinged for "unsafe following". Is there somewhere that the criteria are listed?

·
Registered
2022 Model Y Performance
8 Posts
Welcome Jim, are you a Tailgater?? LOL. I am a 2 week MYP owner and I keep getting dinged by my car for lane changes without signaling and other minor infractions. I don't mind at this point as I'm still getting used to driving the car and I appreciate all of the safety features that are present.
I love the TACC and Autosteer, especially when in slow traffic. What car length number do other members keep it at in stop-and-go traffic or 30-40 MPH traffic?

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
I'm unsure of how often I will need to go for servicing. Will Tesla send notifications?
No regular servicing is required. Replace tires, wiper blades, and washer fluid as needed.
Brake pads might last the life of the car if you use regen for most of your slowing down.
I am also unsure why I keep getting dinged for "unsafe following". Is there somewhere that the criteria are listed?
Turn off "FSD Beta"? I got sick of playing that game and turned that off, which subsequently turns off the rating of your driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts