Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Has your battery's Power Conversion System (PCS) failed?

• Yes, I can only charge at 32A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I can no longer charge from AC at all.

• Yes, and Tesla replaced it under the HV Battery Warranty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are now numerous threads in this forum about the battery's PCS in the HV Battery Service Panel breaking down. In the dispute I have filed with Tesla awaiting AAA mediation, it would be helpful to have a rough estimate on how many forum members have experienced this problem. If you are one of these owners, please respond to this poll. Also, I would like to ask those owners to please take the time to report the issue to the NHTSA, as I have already done, so that Tesla will need to fix the problem for all owners who encounter it -not just me.

· Registered
1 Posts
Started seeing issues back when my Model 3 had ~48k miles. Continually seeing "power grid failure" "check charging equipment" "reduced charge rate" and complete "charging interrupted" error messages. While trouble shooting the wall charger, the wiring, trying different chargers and continuing to use vehicle finally concluded that the equipment wasn't likely an issue. Placed service ticket and informed of pcs failure. Obviously warranty is now dead and service center in Matthews NC gave estimate of $2400 for repair. My car is 2018 Midrange. Currently going back and forth with service center.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts