Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got sentry mode set to shut off at home but it still goes on and because of that I’ve got a lot of phantom drain. I think it’s because Tesla only lets me set my address where google sees my address at the bottom of my driveway. My car is parked 400’ away at the house and I haven’t been able to reset my home location there. Any suggestions?

· Super Moderator
17,747 Posts
I've got sentry mode set to shut off at home but it still goes on and because of that I've got a lot of phantom drain. I think it's because Tesla only lets me set my address where google sees my address at the bottom of my driveway. My car is parked 400' away at the house and I haven't been able to reset my home location there. Any suggestions?
It's been a long time since I set my home address in the car, but I thought you could set it to "current location" when you are parked, and it used GPS to determine where it is located. Have you tried resetting your home location to see if that would help?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been a long time since I set my home address in the car, but I thought you could set it to "current location" when you are parked, and it used GPS to determine where it is located. Have you tried resetting your home location to see if that would help?
Unfortunately it only accepts a street address. It doesn't let me put in 'current location'

· re member
888 Posts
I have my "home" address set to a nearby corner (as recommended by security types) but sentry still stays off when parked in my garage. In fact, I'm pretty sure the sentry "home" has nothing to do with the navigation "home" since you don't have to enter a navigation "home" if you don't want to. According to the latest OM (have to look at some older copies I saved), sentry and navigation "home" are the same and it uses 32 feet as the boundary. I'm definitely more than 32 feet from my navigation home when I park but I wonder if it conflates the gps based scheduled charging location.

If you park in slightly different street spots from time to time, that might be a factor but, if not, maybe redoing the sentry settings could help. I'll definitely take a look at how mine is set when I get home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.