Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2023 model 3 specifically for the backup summons [enhanced auto pilot ] and the software is not working. Has this happened to anyone else? I would have bought a 2022 if I had known .I was charged for it.

· Super Moderator
4,871 Posts
Before you accepted, did you read the disclosure that Tesla has removed ultrasonic sensors and that will limit functionality until their vision system has software that reaches parity?

· Registered
33 Posts
Not sure what you mean by backup summons. Are you maybe referring to a backup sensors?

Or maybe regular summons?
Doesn't matter, neither will work for now. I am actually hoping they fail to produce a software fix (obviously they didn't even start when they decided to, otherwise it would be out by now), and decide to retrofit us with the sensors when they are not in short supply again.

· Registered
24 Posts
I had the same issue. Supposedly, there is a SW update coming that will allow the cameras to give you the distance warning. I loved the green/yellow/red warnings that it used to have and it is my main objection with the car that I got.

A reputable manufacturer wouldn't take away a needed feature without having an alternative that does that feature or something better. The stupid cameras just show you that there's something there. You don't know if you're about to hit it.

· Registered
2,163 Posts
I am not sure why you are asking me about that, and not the OP. Anyway, to answer your question, at this time there are no summon-related options in the menu on cars with no sensors, like mine.
Because you made the statement "neither works now ".

MANY advanced features in the cars require enabling as garsh showed. New users who haven't read the manual nor reviewed the settings, often aren't aware that they are there to enable.

· Registered
33 Posts
MANY advanced features in the cars require enabling as garsh showed. New users who haven't read the manual nor reviewed the settings, often aren't aware that they are there to enable.
That statement is true in general, but doesn't apply in this case - I was responding to you asking if he was thinking about summon or sensors, and since he stated it's a 23 car, we can go from general to specific - out of those two neither works/exists, nor can be disabled or enabled in software, hence my answer.

· Registered
44 Posts
Doesn't matter, neither will work for now. I am actually hoping they fail to produce a software fix (obviously they didn't even start when they decided to, otherwise it would be out by now), and decide to retrofit us with the sensors when they are not in short supply again.
Don't hold your breath. I'd be very surprised if they ever admitted that. Instead, the fix will always be just around the corner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts