Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am on my second Tesla 3. The first was a 2019 long distance T3. It worked great with my iPhone contacts and later calendar.
It was on lease for 3 years and Tesla decided I need to give it back and sell me a new one. The price seemed right.
So now I have a T3 long distance (358 mile range, Great!), but my iPhone12 Contacts and favorites no longer sync???
It's been perplexing. We have tried everything. Nothing seems to correct the issue. It's weird because it synchs calendar and recent phone calls.
Just no contacts or favorites.
Any help would be appreciated?

PS: took the phone to another T3 and it failed too.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi
Here's what I have done, multiple times:
UnPared the devices, and rebooted to clear the cache(s).
Set only my Exchange contacts as the only grouping.
On the iPhone 12, I removed my contacts from my email account.
On Tesla checked that there were no contacts or other info related to the sync.
Re-Pared the iPhone and Tesla.
Checked Tesla contacts, still blank
Turned contacts on in iPhone.
Allowed repopulation on iPhone.
Turned on sync of contacts on Tesla. Waited for re populate the contacts, recent calls and calendar.
Calendar and recent calls sync properly.
Contacts, missing 250 contacts (no A.B, C, J. K, N contacts). and No Favorites appear

Never had this issue with 2019 Tesla3 that had an Intel Chip.
My 2022 has an AMD chip.

I am at a loss as to why this is happening. I have been to Tesla multiple times.
Last time we tried to synch with a different car with the same results.
Appears, iPhone 12 Exchange Contacts and Tesla 3 are not compatible?

Really annoying.,

· Super Moderator
17,757 Posts
Do you have any special characters in your contact list ?? they can cause error here thou.
Excellent point. I forgot that the Tesla doesn't like that. Quite annoying at the time.

· Registered
2 Posts
hi
Here's what I have done, multiple times:
UnPared the devices, and rebooted to clear the cache(s).
Set only my Exchange contacts as the only grouping.
On the iPhone 12, I removed my contacts from my email account.
On Tesla checked that there were no contacts or other info related to the sync.
Re-Pared the iPhone and Tesla.
Checked Tesla contacts, still blank
Turned contacts on in iPhone.
Allowed repopulation on iPhone.
Turned on sync of contacts on Tesla. Waited for re populate the contacts, recent calls and calendar.
Calendar and recent calls sync properly.
Contacts, missing 250 contacts (no A.B, C, J. K, N contacts). and No Favorites appear

Never had this issue with 2019 Tesla3 that had an Intel Chip.
My 2022 has an AMD chip.

I am at a loss as to why this is happening. I have been to Tesla multiple times.
Last time we tried to synch with a different car with the same results.
Appears, iPhone 12 Exchange Contacts and Tesla 3 are not compatible?

Really annoying.,
I've got the exact same issue, did you ever figure out a fix?

· Registered
1 Posts
We had the same issue. The contacts would sync on our model 3 but not on the model Y. We had to shut off the exchange contacts on the iPhone and duplicate the contacts on either gmail or directly on the phone itself. The exchange (outlook) contacts were an issue. Not sure if we had too many contacts in the Exchange folder or the software version was not compatible but when we turned all exchange related contacts on the phone off except those stored on the phone directly the issue was solved. We did lose the calendar

· Registered
2 Posts
We had the same issue. The contacts would sync on our model 3 but not on the model Y. We had to shut off the exchange contacts on the iPhone and duplicate the contacts on either gmail or directly on the phone itself. The exchange (outlook) contacts were an issue. Not sure if we had too many contacts in the Exchange folder or the software version was not compatible but when we turned all exchange related contacts on the phone off except those stored on the phone directly the issue was solved. We did lose the calendar
How did you shut down the exchange contacts on the iphone? Delete?

· Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. A feasible work-around but I think the cons outweigh the pros as it'll be impossible to keep the iPhone contacts up to date if Exchange is the main repository for my contacts. Lets hope Tesla fix this, if they had it working on Tesla 3 then maybe its just a patch for Y.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts