Jim W.· Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving a M3 AWD with FSD since October 2018. The software was getting better until sometime last year; but now it is getting worse. Here are a set of issues that I have not found a solution for:
- You can no longer specify a home or work address as an exact GPS positions. They (or maybe Google) now only allows an address to be used. This does not work if your garage is not on the street side of you home! So now I cannot really navigate to my garage. This is a loss in functionality because you could do this in 2019 but not now. How can you have FSD if you can specify exactly where you want to go?
- The music player is a terrible implementation and it is not getting better. It does not remember the song you were on before it went to sleep. Worse, it doesn't even remember if you were playing Apple Music or from the USB drive! Any music player needs to maintain where it is at in a playlist, or album, or song and return you to what you were listening to before you left the car.
- The new MyQ garage door opener often reports an error about 1 out of 10 times when I leave my garage. I don't know if this is because it contacts MyQ and doesn't get a response or if has trouble switching between LTE and WiFi.
- FSD is unusable at high speeds (75-80 mph) on an Interstate. I have had 17 phantom breaking events in 2 hours on I10 in west Texas! To prevent this, I now turn FSD off on long Interstate drives. The developers need to get out of CA and just take an instrumented car on a trip and get the data they need. This is especially true since beta testers can no longer send a clip to Tesla.
- FSD will run a stop sign that it "sees". This may be because it fully relies on the map for stop signs; but it is bot annoying and dangerous, especially if you live on a divided street with a wide median that has stop signs for both sets of lanes when you are crossing it. It does not stop for the second stop sign. This may be because it will not use vision to override the map. I set video to the beta program over a year ago with no improvement on this.