I was using a Go Pro Hero 7 however in my most recent video I switched over to a Hero 10 recording in 5k @ 60 fps.
Thanks for watching!
Thanks for watching!
Great summary and mostly consistent with what I'm experiencing with 10.4. Yes, Tesla, please update the maps.Video #21 - Tesla - FSD Beta 10.4 - Parents' House to Timberwolf CrossFit
This video contains footage recorded on November 8th, 2021 of Autopilot + FSD Beta 10.4 driving me from my parents' house (**** Rapids, MN) to Timberwolf CrossFit (St. Paul, MN). With this being my second longer drive with FSD Beta 10.4, I have some initial feedback that I'd like to share:
- Confidence while turning - The car appears to be more confident in FSD Beta 10.4 and makes less jerky wheel movements once the car is in a turn.
- Braking Inputs - The braking inputs are SO MUCH smoother with FSD Beta 10.4 (especially when compared to version 10.3), so good that it almost feels human like. You can tell the car is using more regen and less brakes when slowing and all of the inputs have been made to be more gradual. Nice work Tesla team!
- Assertiveness - As I use the 'Assertive' FSD Profile, I noticed the car is now more wiling to pass turning cars at intersections. Overall this is a nice improvement however when coupled with old map data it can cause confusion with routing.
- Less timid with empty 4-way stops - When approaching empty 4-way stops, the car is more confident and more quickly proceeds in FSD Beta 10.4 as opposed to the previous behavior which consisted of creeping very slowly with constant brake inputs.
- Handling of short turn lanes - As was the case with FSD Beta 10.2 & 10.3, the car still fails to use shorter turn lanes confusing drivers around us.
- Appropriately using driving space - When making turns, the car does not do a great job of aligning itself to the left or the right (curbing or painted lines) which confuses & impedes surrounding traffic.
- Sweeping turns - When turning left at a busy intersection, the car should refrain from using sweeping lines when turning and instead take a more point & shoot approach much like a human driver would.
- Creep behavior when making turns (left or right) - The car is still too timid when making a left or right turn which results in either the car inching out to the point where it obstructs traffic or takes longer than it needs to and impedes traffic from behind.
- Out of date maps - Because the car is relying on map data from almost a year ago, numerous odd routing issues crop up that could easily be avoided with updated maps. Tesla - If you are listening, please update the maps!
I agree with these 4 concerns especially out of date maps and failure to use short turn lanes (which is probably related to out of date maps).
- Creep behavior when making turns (left or right) - The car still doesn't smoothly roll into the intersection when waiting to turn left or right. Instead I noticed the car will repeatedly go from throttle to brake
- Planner not using short turn lanes - As was the case with FSD Beta 10.2 - 10.4, the car still fails to use shorter turn lanes confusing surrounding drivers.
- Unnecessary Braking For Vehicles Turning Ahead - When a vehicle up ahead is turning right FSD will unnecessarily brake for them even though they are for sure turning and out of our driving path.
- Out of date maps - Need I say more at this point?