Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still on the fence for buying the Model 3 as I live in northern Ontario (a bit past where even superchargers don't exist) and have concerns over service.

My question is: How does mobile service work up here (lets say Timmins for example)? Will they travel this far north? Is there a fee for them to come up here if they are fixing something under warranty? How much if it isn't under warranty? If they don't travel this far north, how are they with providing loaners if I have to drive the car to TO for service?

· TOO Founder
5,665 Posts
If you’re under warranty there is no fee. Tesla Canada has been increasing their mobile service fleet like crazy so they claim to have pretty much anywhere covered. You make the appointment through the Tesla app and they send out mobile service unless the repair requires a visit to the service centre at which point they will either flatbed to then or ask you to drop it off

· Registered
1 Posts
Beg to differ. i ordered my first Tesla in 2012 and loved it for 6 yrs. Mobile service to Northern Ontario used to be good- I would rate it horrible at this time. My wife‘s Model X has a blacked out rear camera reported to Mobile more than a month ago and still no approximate date for service. My Model P3D is 3 months old and the drivers door handle doesn’t work. It’s been two weeks and Mobile has not even communicated with me about service.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well... I have my Tesla Model 3 now and have called on Mobile Service for some imperfections in the car. Took me two weeks of texting back and forth with them to get to the point of getting an actual appointment, and now Tesla replys with this, "That address is in our remote region, we'll make a trip once we have a few more appointments in the area. If you happen to know any other owners in the area that need service that would speed up the process."

So if anyone in the New Liskeard or surrounding area needs any mobile service, I'd love if you were to make an appointment. Or if you have any other ideas on how to push this along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.