Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been experiencing significant delays on getting my Model 3 LR 2021 repaired in the UK, and wondered if anyone else has had any similar issues or has any contacts to try and speed up the process. My car was unfortunately crashed into in Aug-21 (non-fault), and it's been sat at a Tesla authorised bodyshop here in the UK for over 5 months now awaiting parts.. The garage has repeatedly told me that there is a backorder of Tesla parts, and no timeline on when the parts will actually arrive.

I only got the car in Jan-21, and my first experience with a Tesla has been extremely disappointing due to lack of customer service or acceptable repair times. Over 5 months without the car now and still no sign of a full repair anytime soon.. Has anyone else had issues when involved in a crash that has needed significant repairs?

The most annoying thing is that I could have had a brand new Model 3 delivered within 2 months, however, my insurance has gone down the route of getting it repaired and its now 5+ months without any use.

Any help or contacts that anyone has would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

· Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Many repairs in the US take longer than they should as well, but I've not heard of one taking 5 months in a while. One key may be to make sure you are using an authorized shop. Does your shop have a good relationship with Tesla to get the parts? I'm guessing you aren't the only one in the UK needing repairs, it would be interesting to see what others near you are getting for response times and parts deliveries.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many repairs in the US take longer than they should as well, but I've not heard of one taking 5 months in a while. One key may be to make sure you are using an authorized shop. Does your shop have a good relationship with Tesla to get the parts? I'm guessing you aren't the only one in the UK needing repairs, it would be interesting to see what others near you are getting for response times and parts deliveries.
Yes, so the insurance company here can only get the car fixed at an authorised Tesla bodyshop repair garage, which is where it currently is (and has direct parts relationship with Tesla). However, there aren't many authorised repair shops in the UK, in fact there's only 1/2 in the whole North East of England where I am. I think this and the fact Teslas have become very popular last year in the UK has given extra long delays for repairs.

Would also like to know if any UK members have / are experiencing this too. There doesn't seem like any customer support lines to contact to even push this forward.

· Registered
4,255 Posts
I HATE that any Tesla owner has to put up with this kind of customer [no] service. But it is a fact of life for Tesla owners, and likely will be until such time as the waiting list to buy diminishes significantly. That is to say; until there is significant competition for Tesla. And I believe that such a level of competition is still many years away. That's why I believe that TSLA is still a great buy, but a Tesla vehicle? Maybe not.

· Super Moderator
17,721 Posts
I HATE that any Tesla owner has to put up with this kind of customer [no] service. But it is a fact of life for Tesla owners, and likely will be until such time as the waiting list to buy diminishes significantly. That is to say; until there is significant competition for Tesla. And I believe that such a level of competition is still many years away. That's why I believe that TSLA is still a great buy, but a Tesla vehicle? Maybe not.
As a Tesla owner, it might be worth considering upgrading your car insurance to include an extended term rental to cover these situations.

· Registered
1 Posts
This is happening with us, here in California, USA. Our 2018 Model X is being repaired, but one small part (wire harness) is missing. It's been 254 days since the accident (no-fault) and we cannot get help from anyone at Tesla. Worst experience ever! The accident was caused by defective Continental tire, and noo one at Tesla seems to care.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I've been experiencing significant delays on getting my Model 3 LR 2021 repaired in the UK, and wondered if anyone else has had any similar issues or has any contacts to try and speed up the process. My car was unfortunately crashed into in Aug-21 (non-fault), and it's been sat at a Tesla authorised bodyshop here in the UK for over 5 months now awaiting parts.. The garage has repeatedly told me that there is a backorder of Tesla parts, and no timeline on when the parts will actually arrive.

I only got the car in Jan-21, and my first experience with a Tesla has been extremely disappointing due to lack of customer service or acceptable repair times. Over 5 months without the car now and still no sign of a full repair anytime soon.. Has anyone else had issues when involved in a crash that has needed significant repairs?

The most annoying thing is that I could have had a brand new Model 3 delivered within 2 months, however, my insurance has gone down the route of getting it repaired and its now 5+ months without any use.

Any help or contacts that anyone has would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan
Yes. Similar issue for me. Car booked in at an authoriaed UK repair shop. Initial told 14 days for the repair (front bumper). ETA on parts is now mid March.

Thankfully, the accident wasn't my fault and the insurance company dealing with this have provided a replacement car. It's a Polestar 2 - after driving now for two weeks, I can honestly say I'm so glad I chose a Tesla.

However, 2 months for a simple repair is ridiculous!

· Super Moderator
4,861 Posts
How did you get on with this in the end? My M3 was just t-boned and will need extensive repairs - I'm just wondering how long the repair is likely to take...
OP hasn’t been on in 5 months, so unfortunately you’re unlikely to hear anything from them.

· Registered
4,284 Posts
I would personally start calling salvage yards and see if I can get the part from them. I mean "old" parts aren't really that old with Teslas, are they?

· Registered
2 Posts
Yes, so the insurance company here can only get the car fixed at an authorised Tesla bodyshop repair garage, which is where it currently is (and has direct parts relationship with Tesla). However, there aren't many authorised repair shops in the UK, in fact there's only 1/2 in the whole North East of England where I am. I think this and the fact Teslas have become very popular last year in the UK has given extra long delays for repairs. Would also like to know if any UK members have / are experiencing this too. There doesn't seem like any customer support lines to contact to even push this forward.
Model 3 owner here - mine’s leased and just been hit while parked, driver left the scene leaving no details and colossal damage to rear. Garage won’t even give me an ET for completion- I’m in SouthEast UK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts