Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 20 of 383 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Carlos, in Cape Coral, FL.
I ordered my Tesla Model Y on May 28th. It’s been 11 weeks and 3 days and I’m still waiting.
I’m sure my vin is just around the corner.
Vin keeps moving back one day at a time.

Anyone else open to just talking about their Model Y logistics and production stuff, good or bad?

· Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Carlos, in Cape Coral, FL.
I ordered my Tesla Model Y on May 28th. It's been 11 weeks and 3 days and I'm still waiting.
I'm sure my vin is just around the corner.
Vin keeps moving back one day at a time.

Anyone else open to just talking about their Model Y logistics and production stuff, good or bad?
Sure. Ordered MY7 with Tow Wh/BL on 19 May. Moves a day or two every day. Now 1 Sept to 15 Sept.

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,097 Posts
We ordered our MY7 on 5/12 and had it delivered on 6/10, less than a month. I’m absolutely baffled how there’re orders made a week or two after ours, that are still waiting two+ months later. I mean, did a massive influx of orders happen the last two weeks of May!?

Another data point, brother ordered an MYP 8/6, and he’s got a VIN and is scheduled to pickup his Y next week (again, within a month).

· Super Moderator
4,869 Posts
Add me to the waiting list. We ordered a blue/black LR on Saturday. Estimated delivery initially showed January and now it doesn’t show any estimate.

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,097 Posts
Brothers MYP is now scheduled for pickup 9/[email protected] (exactly one month from order).

Reactions: iChris93

· Registered
2 Posts
Out here in Southern California. Ordered my MY5 LR blue/black on May 23. I was told by my sales rep/agent at the Tesla service center that it would take 12 weeks to delivery so my husband and I were prepared to wait. I initially had an EDD of August 11- August 20, so I was stoked that the 12 week delivery window was being followed, but then week to week in August, EDD kept pushing out further and further. There were some weeks showing no EDD, then come back with a new but later date range, and sometimes the EDD just said October. Now, for the last week, it has stayed at 9/3-9/23. 12 weeks my A**! Somehow I feel like tomorrow it will move to a later date range being that tomorrow is 9/3. This has happened several times when I was within the first couple days of the EDD last month(Aug.). What I have read in recent news postings by CNN and CNBC, that the "Performance" Model Ys are getting delivered sooner because of supply and demand. The Performance models are not as much in demand as the Long Range version of the Y. The Long Range is more in demand esp due to one obvious major factor - difference in price as compared to performance model. Tesla can't keep up with the supply over demand with the long range. But what really irks me the most is that they can't send any communication out before they change your EDD. You just have to be at their mercy and log into your account 50 times a day to see if your EDD moved or not. I asked my sales agent only twice if he knew more, he gave me dates for VIN delivery at 2 different points in time but both dates came and went. So frustrating. The poor communication is affecting my overall rating for their customer service. I understand that when the car is in my possession, I may think it's worth the wait, but man, this wait is the most horrible and painstaking of them all. I can just imagine the number of Karens out there complaining actively. Maybe they are getting their cars earlier and I'm the dumb one just staying quiet but being also moved to the bottom of the barrel. Good luck to those who are still waiting alongside of me.

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,097 Posts
Out here in Southern California. Ordered my MY5 LR blue/black on May 23. I was told by my sales rep/agent at the Tesla service center that it would take 12 weeks to delivery so my husband and I were prepared to wait. I initially had an EDD of August 11- August 20, so I was stoked that the 12 week delivery window was being followed, but then week to week in August, EDD kept pushing out further and further. There were some weeks showing no EDD, then come back with a new but later date range, and sometimes the EDD just said October. Now, for the last week, it has stayed at 9/3-9/23. 12 weeks my A**! Somehow I feel like tomorrow it will move to a later date range being that tomorrow is 9/3. This has happened several times when I was within the first couple days of the EDD last month(Aug.). What I have read in recent news postings by CNN and CNBC, that the "Performance" Model Ys are getting delivered sooner because of supply and demand. The Performance models are not as much in demand as the Long Range version of the Y. The Long Range is more in demand esp due to one obvious major factor - difference in price as compared to performance model. Tesla can't keep up with the supply over demand with the long range. But what really irks me the most is that they can't send any communication out before they change your EDD. You just have to be at their mercy and log into your account 50 times a day to see if your EDD moved or not. I asked my sales agent only twice if he knew more, he gave me dates for VIN delivery at 2 different points in time but both dates came and went. So frustrating. The poor communication is affecting my overall rating for their customer service. I understand that when the car is in my possession, I may think it's worth the wait, but man, this wait is the most horrible and painstaking of them all. I can just imagine the number of Karens out there complaining actively. Maybe they are getting their cars earlier and I'm the dumb one just staying quiet but being also moved to the bottom of the barrel. Good luck to those who are still waiting alongside of me.
Welcome to Tesla. As you'll learn really quickly around here: "Love the car, hate the company"

I definitely feel your pain and am somewhat dismayed that Tesla would push people with LR orders back just to pump out the more profitable Performance. What's even more perplexing is that the Performance is built identically to the LR, even the motors. The motors are just binned versions of the LR and I find it hard to believe that they're getting that many "perf" acceptable motors to put into the MYP.

I'm starting to lean towards believing that the Perf variants of the 3/Y are just simply any off the shelf LR with software unlocked performance.

Reactions: Mzginag35

· Super Moderator
4,869 Posts
What's even more perplexing is that the Performance is built identically to the LR, even the motors.
Lower suspension and different brakes in the performance.

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,097 Posts
Lower suspension and different brakes in the performance.
Those parts are readily acceptable. My point was that the assumption was that they bin the motors for perf models. Are they really getting that many "quality" motors for perf models or are just throwing caution to the wind and tossing any motor off the shelf into a Y and calling it a perf.

· Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to Tesla. As you'll learn really quickly around here: "Love the car, hate the company"

I definitely feel your pain and am somewhat dismayed that Tesla would push people with LR orders back just to pump out the more profitable Performance. What's even more perplexing is that the Performance is built identically to the LR, even the motors. The motors are just binned versions of the LR and I find it hard to believe that they're getting that many "perf" acceptable motors to put into the MYP.

I'm starting to lean towards believing that the Perf variants of the 3/Y are just simply any off the shelf LR with software unlocked performance.

Just as I predicted, as soon as I was within my EDD window, which I was into for last 36 hours, changed yesterday to 9/9 - 9/29. 105 days unVINned and still counting.

· Registered
365 Posts
Just as I predicted, as soon as I was within my EDD window, which I was into for last 36 hours, changed yesterday to 9/9 - 9/29. 105 days unVINned and still counting.
until you have a vin it is all hand waving. I just went through it. Once a Vin a smooth delivery for me. Welcome to the TOO

Reactions: Mzginag35

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,097 Posts
Brothers MYP is now scheduled for pickup 9/[email protected] (exactly one month from order).
As-is typical with Tesla, pickup was pushed back to today at 12pm. Contactless pickup was made and everything was smooth according to him.

Reactions: iChris93

· Super Moderator
4,869 Posts
As-is typical with Tesla, pickup was pushed back to today at 12pm. Contactless pickup was made and everything was smooth according to him.
Wonder why the 2 day delay?

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,097 Posts
Wonder why the 2 day delay?
They've got a reputation to uphold 😂

my guess is they got too busy over the holiday weekend.

1 - 20 of 383 Posts