Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a message on the display today. "Automatically washing windshield, camera obscured by dirt" - and then it proceeded to wash the windshield.

I know it's been a while since I washed the car, but I think it's been talking to my wife. creepy.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
That is the first I’ve seen that. I wish instead of a safety score they would calculate and display a camera quality score since it is vision only, kind of seems important. I just wish they would remove the nags for auto pilot and self driving, or at least extend the time, or tell us that nags are here forever

Reactions: DocScott

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
got a message on the display today. "Automatically washing windshield, camera obscured by dirt" - and then it proceeded to wash the windshield.
That's an FSD Beta-specific behavior, I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Speaking of the front cameras under the windshield, over the years, there is a light haze developed for that glass area in front of the cameras. I would have to disassemble the shroud covering that area to clean that glass. I haven't looked at the service manual to see how easy or difficult it is to remove the shroud, if even removable (unless they glued it) Anyone done this maintenance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts