Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first used the wireless dock, I could charge my phone with the case on. Then it turned out only one of the side worked to charge the phone with the case on. Now neither side works to charge the phone with the case on. I don't think I should have to take the phone out of the case each time I get into the car to get it to work. Should I schedule a repair?

· Premium Member
653 Posts
My wife's Y we just picked up won't charge her phone, and my phone kind of does sometimes. I put in a repair order for it, and they have a mobile tech coming out to replace it. Seems kind of pointless if the wireless charger doesn't work with a phone case on it.
I did some normally googling and found some people have issues and some don't. Seems like maybe the wireless charger is weak in some cases.
If the car is new, put in a ticket for it, either they'll try to fix it, or tell you it is normal. I'm assuming they'll try to fix whatever the problem is first.

· Registered
2022 Model Y Performance
59 Posts
Barb, Dark, have you tried a good charging cord in one of the 4 USB-C ports in the center console? I have a MYP and the charging pads both work ok but a bit slow. My wife prefers to use a charging cord. Faster and convenient and no issues with any case.

· Registered
2022 Tesla "Y"
300 Posts
Barb, Dark, have you tried a good charging cord in one of the 4 USB-C ports in the center console? I have a MYP and the charging pads both work ok but a bit slow. My wife prefers to use a charging cord. Faster and convenient and no issues with any case.
This is also more efficient. This is why I brought those ports on top so they are more accessible.
Light Input device Peripheral Gadget Audio equipment

· Registered
62 Posts
Two options, with my phone and wifes, IP14Pro Max and IP13Pro both in Magbak cases. Both charge on the 2023 MYP. Try new cases, def go with Magbak.
Second option, the Magbak MagSafe mount for the MY display, its amazing. I was very hesitant and waited, but glad i made the purchase, it does not distract from the main screen.
Word about Magbak, I discovered them very early and before the masses. I converted the entire family to their MagSafe cases and use their MagSafe wallet.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two options, with my phone and wifes, IP14Pro Max and IP13Pro both in Magbak cases. Both charge on the 2023 MYP. Try new cases, def go with Magbak.
Second option, the Magbak MagSafe mount for the MY display, its amazing. I was very hesitant and waited, but glad i made the purchase, it does not distract from the main screen.
Word about Magbak, I discovered them very early and before the masses. I converted the entire family to their MagSafe cases and use their MagSafe wallet.
Mag safe cases won't even work. It did charge originally but now it doesn't work so I have a repair order in. I know about the USB-C plugs but why have this charging bay taking up real estate if it doesn't work?

· Registered
2,163 Posts
Mag safe cases won't even work. It did charge originally but now it doesn't work so I have a repair order in. I know about the USB-C plugs but why have this charging bay taking up real estate if it doesn't work?
What "charging bay" are you referring to? Are you talking about the phone shelf tha
As I asked, have you tried the phone without the case? MANY phone with MANY cases won't work on wireless charging pads.

Just because it isn't working with your phone and your case doesn't mean that it isn't working.

· Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue and it ends up being the case. The original mag safe case for my iPhone was just too thick for the charge to go through. I purchased the Apple mag safe case which is thinner and I’ve had not had any issues since. I even asked the Tesla rep when I picked up my M3 on Jan 14 and she said that my original case seemed thick and that the wireless charging pad probably would not have picked it up.

· Registered
2 Posts
When I first used the wireless dock, I could charge my phone with the case on. Then it turned out only one of the side worked to charge the phone with the case on. Now neither side works to charge the phone with the case on. I don't think I should have to take the phone out of the case each time I get into the car to get it to work. Should I schedule a repair?
Yep.

· Registered
62 Posts
back to the charging pad, not sure if you noticed when test driving a tesla, the charging pad surface is worn and there are mat coverage solutions
but they are too thick for a new/current magsafe case, I tried two and return them
has anyone found a MY/M3 charging pad protective mat that works with a MagSafe or MagBak case? RPM Tesla wanted me to test theirs, but they were asking me to buy it...crazy, they should test

1 - 11 of 11 Posts