Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 245/45R18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires on the back. I left the factory 235/45R18 tires on the front because they still had a lot of tread. At highway speed, I started getting traction control warnings (nearly continuous) and the car was dumping out of autopilot. I thought I had gotten myself into a mess. I pulled off the road and - using the service console - I reset the tire size to 19 inch wheels. I drove a little and reset back to 18 inch aero. I don't know if the resetting had anything to do with it, but the car then drove completely fine. It has been a month with zero trouble since then. I've completed numerous long trips and a lots of around town driving. I'm guessing the Tesla initially sensed a change in wheel rotation speed and was interpreting it as slip.

Changes in performance and handling: I can't tell any difference, but my driving style is pretty tame.

Pictures are attached. 245s on the back. Original 235s on the front.

Attachments

· Registered
1,524 Posts
you might also get rub on sharp turns if you put 245s up front. I had a V70 and I got rub on my summer wheels if I cranked the steering all the way to 11.

· Registered
555 Posts
you might also get rub on sharp turns if you put 245s up front. I had a V70 and I got rub on my summer wheels if I cranked the steering all the way to 11.
No rub with the OEM wheels or aftermarket wheels with OEM specs and 245 tires. There's plenty of clearance.

Reactions: kos221
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.