Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly developed a popping sound in the area of the door frame, driver side. At first I thought it was the padding material crinkling when going over by bumps but now I think it is localized to the speaker. Sound still plays out of it like normal and the pop sound happened whether music is playing or not. I tried to capture it on video but even the compressed one is too big to upload. It happens at lower speeds when the road is bumpy.

· Super Moderator
17,757 Posts
Try driving around with your window cracked open slightly and see if you still hear this popping sound.

I'm wondering if this is actually a door/window seal issue. It should be easy enough to test and rule out by opening the window slightly.

My current annoyance is a noise that's coming from the roof, between the A and B pillars.

To me, it sounds like there is loose cabling up in there. Every time I accelerate or decelerate, I hear something shifting up there. And of course, I hear it on bumpier roads as well.

I actually asked Tesla Service to take care of it. I took a tech on a test drive, and was able to reproduce it, which is the only way you have a chance of them solving it. When I picked the car back up, they told me that the issue was the door seal! They put some kind of conditioner on the seal to solve the problem. Sure enough, when I drove the car home, the noise seemed to be gone!

Unfortunately, the noise is back. It may very well still be due to the door seal. When I push on the headliner next to the seal, the rubbing sound between the headliner and the seal does sound very similar to the noise I was hearing. So I'm going to need to find some time to investigate this further and see if I can come up with a more permanent solution to this problem.

· Registered
4,303 Posts
If you don’t hear that sound with music on very low and the car not moving, then it’s probably something around then speaker rather than the speaker itself.

Either way, mobile service should be able to fix it - but start the service request as a speaker noise. If you tell them it’s a rattle or panel noise they’ll give you the warning about there being a labor charge for chasing panel noises.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.