Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SolarRoof/PowerWall data droputs with the new Tesla app!
Has anyone else had an issue with the daily data stopping using the new app? 7 of the last 9 days, I've had less than a full day of data! I've been trying to monitor my Max Output, and daily power generated & used, and with the dropouts I can't do that.
I chatted with Tesla support a week ago, and was told to uninstall and reinstall the app, and this did retrieve the missing data, but that's a very kludgy way to fix the problem!
Does anyone know of a way to force the app to refresh (and hopefully retrieve) the data being graphed?

· Registered
1 Posts
SolarRoof/PowerWall data droputs with the new Tesla app!
Has anyone else had an issue with the daily data stopping using the new app? 7 of the last 9 days, I've had less than a full day of data! I've been trying to monitor my Max Output, and daily power generated & used, and with the dropouts I can't do that.
I chatted with Tesla support a week ago, and was told to uninstall and reinstall the app, and this did retrieve the missing data, but that's a very kludgy way to fix the problem!
Does anyone know of a way to force the app to refresh (and hopefully retrieve) the data being graphed?
I have the same issue but found a workaround. When the graph is incomplete, try touching in the graph and swiping down to refresh the data.

I didn't have the issue with the 3.x app, but seems to be a common occurrence for me with the new 4.x app.

Hope it helps!

· Premium Member
1,896 Posts
I have also found it doesn’t auto-refresh and is a bit touchy sometimes to get it to refresh. But I’ve never been unable to make it refresh. iPhone 11, app 4.1.1.

Reactions: Steve76063

· Premium Member
1,896 Posts
My app is showing the Neurio data (home usage) as what's coming from grid.
I would have thought a site meter is the grid meter. Are you saying it isn't? So as your solar was producing 1.1 kW and "the meter" was 0.5 kW, what is the math of what was actually going to where?

"Energy generated today" also updates just once or twice a day, like 0.5kWh in the morning, 15kWh afternoon and 35kWh end of day.
Can you force an update with a pull down on the screen? Mine doesn't auto update much, but I can always force it to update.

· Registered
4 Posts
I would have thought a site meter is the grid meter. Are you saying it isn't? So as your solar was producing 1.1 kW and "the meter" was 0.5 kW, what is the math of what was actually going to where?

Can you force an update with a pull down on the screen? Mine doesn't auto update much, but I can always force it to update.
#2 Neurio clamps are hooked around the two wires going into the house, and they're supposed to monitor the home usage, and Grid should be calculated as
GRID = SOLAR - HOME.
My home usage is 0.5kW when everything is idle (AC, Water heater etc) and the Inverter "Site Meter" and Tesla app "GRID" bumps to around 3.6kW when AC kicks in, even though solar was producing 5.6 kW and HOME shows 5.6 + 3.6 = 9.2kW, which is wrong.

#2 It doesn't update even when I force update with pull down. It updates once or twice a day when it wants to update.

· Registered
51 Posts
#2 Neurio clamps are hooked around the two wires going into the house, and they're supposed to monitor the home usage, and Grid should be calculated as
GRID = SOLAR - HOME.
My home usage is 0.5kW when everything is idle (AC, Water heater etc) and the Inverter "Site Meter" and Tesla app "GRID" bumps to around 3.6kW when AC kicks in, even though solar was producing 5.6 kW and HOME shows 5.6 + 3.6 = 9.2kW, which is wrong.

#2 It doesn't update even when I force update with pull down. It updates once or twice a day when it wants to update.
#1 I had a similar problem with A/C running it would show solar producing energy even after dark. Took a long time and multiple techs to figure out that the current taps were on the wrong wires in the electric panel.

#2 You have to go into the Energy panel and pull down to force an update. It won't force an update from the top level view.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.