1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
TOO Founder
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FAST EV LIGHTNING RUN
Sky Light Water Azure Lightning

CANADA'S FIRST COAST-TO-COAST NONSTOP ELECTRIC VEHICLE ROAD TRIP

• This morning at 9:00am PST, Ian Pavelko and Trevor Page will be in Tsawwassen, BC, where a commencement ceremony will take place before they hit the road between 9:45-10:00am
  • Pavelko and Page hope to be the first Canadians to drive, nonstop from coast-to-coast in an EV
  • The Fast EV Lightning Run is the first of its kind

• Ian and Trevor are sponsored by Fast EV, a division of Fast Wheels.
  • Social media hashtags: #FastEVLightningRun2020 #FastEVLightningRun

Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC - That's right, the day is finally here: The Fast EV Lightning Run is set to commence this morning at 10:00am PST in Tsawwassen, BC. The driving duo will meet on the reserve at 9:00am local time in BC.

"With my health back to normal, and Trevor as ready to head out as I am, we are beyond excited to get this drive started," exclaimed Ian Pavelko, Technical Director at Fastco Canada, and owner of Magneto the Model 3. Both Pavelko and Page will be alternating between driving and sleeping in order to ensure they both get adequate rest along the 6,000km (approx.) Fast EV Lightning Runroad trip.

Pavelko provided an in-depth look at his journey so far leading up to this morning's departure, and it can be found here.

Pavelko and Page are both available for interviews leading up to this morning's departure on their epic cross-Canada Fast EV Lightning Run.

For further information or questions or concerns regarding the Fast EV Lightning Run, please contact

Miranda Lightstone, Marketing Consultant

[email protected]

1.877.833.9877 ext. 285

Or contact Ian Pavelko directly for quotes/questions

To follow the Fast EV Lightning Run on social media, please like and follow these accounts

Fast Wheels IG @FastWheelsAlloy

Fast Wheels on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Fastwheelscanada/

Ian Pavelko @ianpavelko

Trevor Page @Model3Owners

Development and Testing of the Fast EV01+ (video)

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Ecoregion Map World Atlas Screenshot

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is awesome! Good luck guys. Maybe we can meet up here in Calgary when you pass through.

Reactions: TrevP

·
10,954 Posts
Maybe when my kids are older and in sleep away came (or the like) I’ll have an opportunity to try something like that with my wife!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Can't wait to see the result! Safe travels and GO #TeamMidnightSilver!

Deborah and I have our own epic Canada trip in the works for later this year with our Model Y that will use some of the same V3 superchargers they'll use.

Reactions: TrevP

·
TOO Founder
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone is in the Vancouver area come join us for dinner in the Tsawwasen Mills area at around 6PM this Saturday, full details will be announced on Twitter.
Sunday morning we will be at the Tsawwasen Supercharger at 9AM where will have a short ceremony close the water when we leave at 10AM sharp!

·
Registered
103 Posts
ROAD TRIP - love road trips
What a great adventure. After reading about yesterday's 90 car pile up - Wishing you guys the best of luck with our Canadian winter weather for the trip.
We're looking forward to our mini road trip with our M3 SR+, Montreal, Fla, New Orleans, Niagara falls and back in April.
looking forward to following your progress.
Safe Trip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 32334 [/QUOTE]
I've seen the stretch by thunder bay / Nipigon, Ontario, Canada on this graphic in a few places but they don't yet show up on tesla.com/trips, are these definitely installed and running now? We're planning a road trip and it looks like we could just get from Duluth MN to the Nipigon (looks like thats where it is but I can't verify) with our car if so?

·
TOO Founder
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 32334
I've seen the stretch by thunder bay / Nipigon, Ontario, Canada on this graphic in a few places but they don't yet show up on tesla.com/trips, are these definitely installed and running now? We're planning a road trip and it looks like we could just get from Duluth MN to the Nipigon (looks like thats where it is but I can't verify) with our car if so?
They definitely are online and working, Ian tested them out yesterday on his way out west. He's currently in west Manitoba now and reports all the chargers are working well so far and consistently getting 200kW+.

He's found a sweet spot during the trip on how to drive and get an extremely fast charge in the cold so he can be on his way quickly. We'll document this in videos for everyone's benefit

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.