Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 2nd model 3 that I purchased from Tesla, I love their cars, but I feel really sick of Tesla now.
They have the worst customer service of the auto industry.
When I picked up my first model 3 on 12/31/2019 (last day of 2019)
I was so happy that I met a nice gentleman and the founder of Tesla, Elon, that night.

Late last year, I was planning to purchase another vehicle for my family.
Tesla posted a special promotion on December 22, 2023
I jumped in and ordered my Tesla model 3 and am waiting for delivery by the end of 2022.
No word until December 29, call customer support and hold for 2 hours with no one pickup.
Call again on December 30 and December 31, tough luck.

It is okay that I lost my $7500 credit and 10K free supercharge if I cannot get my car by end of 2022.
Wait until Jan. 7, 2023, I received a text message for me to schedule the delivery on my car. I replied that I am working mostly on weekdays, can the schedule move the following weekend.
On the next day, I received another un-friendly text message.
“If delivery is not scheduled by tomorrow, this vehicle will automatically be released to the next waiting customer. You order will be hold and subject to cancellation”
Finally, I took an early day off on 01/12/23 and schedule to pick up my car at 5:00pm
Now I understand why Tesla is pushing me to pick up the car.

On 01/13/23 CNBC Headline news
Tesla cuts prices in the U.S. and Europe to stoke sales after lackluster year-end deliveries.
PUBLISHED FRI, JAN 13 20233:14 AM ESTUPDATED FRI, JAN 13 202311:38 AM EST

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,099 Posts
Try to get the price of your order reduced to the new price, and if they don't, let them cancel the order and place a new one. The delivery times are quick enough that it won't be that long of a wait.
I believe the premise is that they did pick up the 3 on the 12th. And depending on the model they purchased, they may be ineligible for the $7500 credit if the price was too high (double whammy for some).

Reactions: iChris93 and GDN

· Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
I figure there will be many in this situation. You can always visit the service center. Some states also have 3 days to back out of a contract. Of course I guess that runs out tomorrow. Sorry to see this happen.

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,099 Posts
Would be nice if there was a “30 day price guarantee” clause, even if it was just a store credit for accessories. Least that would minimize the sting a bit and offer some good will. But then again, Tesla was never about good will.

· Registered
4,302 Posts
Don't talk to their customer service, talk to the local service center sales team. You should be able to find the number for the location in Google Maps by looking it up. They might not be allowed to offer a cash rebate, but they might have access to stuff like a free Wall Connector or Mobile Connector to make things a little smoother.

If that fails, then your only two choices would be live with it or talk to an attorney, but the latter would probably be more expensive than the price difference.

· Premium Member
2019 Tesla M3P
3,099 Posts
Don't talk to their customer service, talk to the local service center sales team. You should be able to find the number for the location in Google Maps by looking it up. They might not be allowed to offer a cash rebate, but they might have access to stuff like a free Wall Connector or Mobile Connector to make things a little smoother.

If that fails, then your only two choices would be live with it or talk to an attorney, but the latter would probably be more expensive than the price difference.
Strongly suggest against a lawyer. From what I’ve gone thru, they’ll accept any work, even when they know it won’t offer anything beneficial to the client. Doesn’t take a lawyer to know that once you signed the contract and received the goods, you’re SOL. I bought my M3P 4 years ago for $61k and it’s now going for $54k, they’re no more entitled to a credit than I am. Best the OP can do at this point is just spread the word and ensure future buyers are aware of such situations.

Reactions: iChris93 and garsh

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a warning for Tesla future buyer.
I am a small business owner and I respect and appreciate my clients.
For Tesla, they careless about their customer.
Their primary goal is more profits.
This is the reason Elon once became the richest person in the world.

· Registered
2 Posts
This is the 2nd model 3 that I purchased from Tesla, I love their cars, but I feel really sick of Tesla now.
I was so happy that I met a nice gentleman and the founder of Tesla, Elon, that night.

I jumped in and ordered my Tesla model 3 and am waiting for delivery by the end of 2022.
No word until December 29, call customer support and hold for 2 hours with no one pickup.

It is okay that I lost my $7500 credit and 10K free supercharge if I cannot get my car by end of 2022.
Wait until Jan. 7, 2023, I received a text message for me to schedule the delivery on my car. I replied that I am working mostly on weekdays, can the schedule move the following weekend.
“If delivery is not scheduled by tomorrow, this vehicle will automatically be released to the next waiting customer. You order will be hold and subject to cancellation”
Finally, I took an early day off on 01/12/23 and schedule to pick up my car at 5:00pm

Tesla cuts prices in the U.S. and Europe to stoke sales after lackluster year-end deliveries.

· Registered
2 Posts
I understand the same, worst mistake was buying a Tesla. We were going to wait till Jan 2023 for the rebate. Sales people said 3750 was the best deal and they would not qualify. We ordered and in 2 days got a vin over a weekend. We also did not want to get the car but told loose deposit. We went to get the car nd had paint damage, overspray and said we want a different car. No, loose your deposit. Hell, they did not even have q charger for us and had no way to charge the car. Order the wall and portable, but had none day of the car delivery. No must take it. Exactly right 4 days later dropped another 3750 and 400 I paid in tax. Now they dropped the price of the car again. What fools we are to have bought these cards. never again. I have to buy 2 more card thus year and they will not be Teslas. I have discussed with many people that all you need to do is call Tesla and wait on hold for a hour or so then ask to speak to a manger. Not possible. No one runs this ship..... Will never buy again, what a fool

· Registered
13 Posts

Sorry you're having to deal with this. Terrible to feel like you came in for a deal and ended up with the worst one possible. Figured there would be people between January 1 and January 12 price cut who paid more than they had to. The discount and the price adjustments were just too close together and Tesla probably should do something for you.

I, too, tried to take advantage of the December discount. But the best offer I received for my Ford Mustang Mach E was $10k lower than what I paid for it 6 months before. Took a little too long looking for better deals to jump on the discount.

If it's any consolation, you could be the proud owner of a $68k MME with less range, features and dependability than a $55k Model Y LR. There are a lot of Ford owners learning the bitter taste of 20% depreciation on delivery as of the 12th.

· Registered
1 Posts
i have recently became Tesla model Y owner and extremely disappointed with the recent announcement of price reduction by 13k. Have asked sales team if there is price protection policy within 30 day window and answer was NO.. os there a petition to send message to Tesla to do something about it?

· Registered
2,358 Posts
No petition that I'm aware of. And it won't do any good other than to waste your time. You won't get "SALE" pricing before or after the sale anywhere that I'm aware of.

Did you pay by credit card? If yes, does your CC company mi9ght have a price protection plan. Otherwise, SOL.

· Registered
2 Posts
i have recently became Tesla model Y owner and extremely disappointed with the recent announcement of price reduction by 13k. Have asked sales team if there is price protection policy within 30 day window and answer was NO.. os there a petition to send message to Tesla to do something about it?
I am in the same situation. Very frustrating. I didn’t even drive my car. Got delivery mid Dec. Went on vaccinations. Came back last week. Lost 10k free super charger KMS and now 13k.

· re member
888 Posts
It stinks but there's an old bit of advice in computer buying: never check the prices or specs the day after your purchase.

Sure, these days, competition in a lot of segments has resulted in price match guarantees and such but, in the car world (especially EVs) and housing, that's generally not the case. Maybe demand outstripping supply, maybe financing, maybe depreciation, maybe just greed. The day I purchased my "early adopter" priced M3, I ignored all future price announcements and am a few months from paying off the half I financed. Mine was more expensive than yours, yours is more expensive than the SHale's, and somebody else will get more for less sometime in the future.

I love my car and wouldn't trade it for a new one even if some things appeal. Hope you have the same experience!

· Registered
4,287 Posts
Think fondly for those of us who paid $84k for the very first Model 3 Performance vehicles.
:D
But, @garsh, IIRC we are also the only group to whom Tesla offered an after-the-fact rebate. When they suddenly dropped the performance price, they offered us early buyers a 5K rebate if we relinquished our lifetime supercharging. While I appreciated their concession, I considered it odd and unsustainable. It appears that Tesla has learned their lesson and are out of the "freebies" business.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts