Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
41 - 60 of 121 Posts

· Registered
2,163 Posts
And it seems that all of these people have NO IDEA what Tesla is doing. They just dropped the prices in China a few weeks ago and had people complaining there as well.
But as has happened with Tesla previously, there's nothing illegal.

I'd love to see everyone sign on to a lawsuit and then it gets thrown out and all the participants charged for a frivolous lawsuit. There is indeed nothing illegal about lowering the price. There's nothing immoral about it. Matter of fact many people want it.

Life happens.

· Registered
3 Posts
And it seems that all of these people have NO IDEA what Tesla is doing. They just dropped the prices in China a few weeks ago and had people complaining there as well.
But as has happened with Tesla previously, there's nothing illegal.

I'd love to see everyone sign on to a lawsuit and then it gets thrown out and all the participants charged for a frivolous lawsuit. There is indeed nothing illegal about lowering the price. There's nothing immoral about it. Matter of fact many people want it.

Life happens.
are you affiliated with Tesla?..looks like you post responses everyday, several times a day and with pro Tesla commentary..

· Registered
2,163 Posts
are you affiliated with Tesla?..looks like you post responses everyday, several times a day and with pro Tesla commentary..
Wow, are you paranoid. No, I'm not associated with Tesla. But I've got a Model 3 since 2018 and a Model Y. I've been on this forum since probably 2017.

And yes, I've seen these EXACT SAME THREADS talking about price decreases a few times in the past. And I'm going to assume that they went the same way that this one will, nowhere.

It's hard to sue someone because you don't like what they've legally done.

· Registered
364 Posts
This may be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen here yet.

• Love
Reactions: PNWmisty and TomT

· re member
888 Posts
If this thread doesn’t get merged with the other one and/or locked, I’d just like to say that price adjustments are always at the whim of the seller and are subject to market trends. Unless there’s price fixing going on (perhaps among all EV sellers in order to offset government incentives or capitalize on same), there’s nothing illegal as far as I can tell (not a lawyer and didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night).

If Tesla used a dealer network, these price changes would be happening all the time but the final buyer would be insulated from the info and the impact because the local dealers would’ve already marked up and would take a hit when manufacturers raise the price then reap profits when lowered (assuming quick inventory turnover) unless they needed to match competitors.

With direct from manufacturer, we see immediate changes but we’re not being gouged for middleman profit (not saying the manufacturer isn’t capable) and we’re not seeing hyper-regional pricing tactics. Obviously, the dealer model is resale so, depending on what inventory cost up-front and what the market will allow for final sale, dealers can either clean up or lose their shirts from month to month or season to season while keeping the advertised “MSRP” steady and still offering “huge” sales on a fairly regular basis.

I won’t defend either model but, no matter which you experience, one common standard is (outside of lemon laws and a few outliers) all sales are final. Caveat emptor.

· Registered
1 Posts
i have recently became Tesla model Y owner and extremely disappointed with the recent announcement of price reduction by 13k. Have asked sales team if there is price protection policy within 30 day window and answer was NO.. os there a petition to send message to Tesla to do something about it?
Im faced with the same problem. I havent even received my plates from DMV yet and its already cost me 13K.

· Registered
865 Posts
I stole this from FB:

Good news!
Those of us who have seen a significant price increase of the Tesla model we previously purchased are not going to be billed directly for the difference. Instead, Tesla will simply charge all post-purchase price increases to the credit card they already have on-file.

(Edited in part to not insult anyone)

· Premium Member
65 Posts
Car pricing is dynamic and Tesla and others have a history of this that should be obvious to buyers. There is nothing illegal about it and if you were happy with your Tesla purchase at the price you paid, you shouldn’t care if others are getting a discount, it’s still a great vehicle and fun to own/drive. For some like me, the price reduction may be what finally has me pull the trigger on a new Model S. My 2015 85D is almost 8 years old and has 139,000 miles on it so it’s time for a new one even if they haven’t changed any of the body panels or glass other than the front bumper cover. I was hoping for a new body design but still no word if that will happen anytime soon.

· Super Moderator
17,747 Posts
If this thread doesn’t get merged with the other one and/or locked...
If there are threads that should be merged, please feel free to either reply with a link to the other thread, or "report" this thread and include a link to the other thread. I'm happy to merge threads on the same topic, but it would be a huge help if members can do the hard part of finding the duplicates and confirming that they really don't differ in some useful way.

· Registered
2 Posts
Basically, I feel I was screwed by Tesla. I placed an order for a Tesla Y on June 2022. At the time of the order, the delivery date was Dec 22 - Mar 23. I patiently wait for the car to be delivered, watching interest rates going up. The last week of December, I received a text message that the car was ready for delivery on December and they offered me a $7,500 incentive to take delivery on December, so I decided to take advantage of that. On December 28, I paid the down payment, retained insurance and review and accepted the agreement on the up. My delivery was scheduled for the next day at 11:30am. I received a confirmation that everything was ready for delivery.

Suddenly, I received a text on the 28th that the car wasn't going to be available for delivery on the 29 and that the new delivery date was On January 6, 2023. I called 4 times to Tesla and they confirmed that the incentive was only available if I took delivery on December, even though it was Tesla who wasn't performing on the delivery. It was impossible to talk to a supervisor. After several calls, I did take delivery on January 6, without the $7.5K incentive. The, less than a week after taking delivery, Tesla drop the price 20%. My car was cheaper the week before or the week after. How this is possible!!!

· re member
888 Posts
That is definitely a fair point.

The fact that Tesla makes demands upon its customers’ time/schedules (deliveries, service appointments) but takes no responsibility for its own failure to honor those commitments should be raised as a shareholder concern since marketshare is beginning to be eroded. Competition and Tesla’s own actions (some of which serve to advance its stated mission at the same time as bridge the moat) are changing this sector and adaptation is necessary to survive (unless robotaxi is really around the corner and everybody’s willing to get on board).

· Registered
589 Posts
Basically, I feel I was screwed by Tesla. I placed an order for a Tesla Y on June 2022. At the time of the order, the delivery date was Dec 22 - Mar 23. I patiently wait for the car to be delivered, watching interest rates going up. The last week of December, I received a text message that the car was ready for delivery on December and they offered me a $7,500 incentive to take delivery on December, so I decided to take advantage of that. On December 28, I paid the down payment, retained insurance and review and accepted the agreement on the up. My delivery was scheduled for the next day at 11:30am. I received a confirmation that everything was ready for delivery.

Suddenly, I received a text on the 28th that the car wasn't going to be available for delivery on the 29 and that the new delivery date was On January 6, 2023. I called 4 times to Tesla and they confirmed that the incentive was only available if I took delivery on December, even though it was Tesla who wasn't performing on the delivery. It was impossible to talk to a supervisor. After several calls, I did take delivery on January 6, without the $7.5K incentive. The, less than a week after taking delivery, Tesla drop the price 20%. My car was cheaper the week before or the week after. How this is possible!!!
That is brutal. I would like to see Tesla recognize the donut hole you fell into through no fault of your own. And, give you the $7500 discount at least.

· Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
1,363 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: francoisp

· Premium Member
1,407 Posts
41 - 60 of 121 Posts