Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Reconfigured Touchscreen

4K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  shareef777 
#1 ·
I've been frustrated ever since Tesla reconfigured the touchscreen on the Model 3 early last year. The biggest issue for me is the inability to adjust the text point size. As someone of a certain age, the point size is too small and 40% of the screen area on the left side is wasted by an image of the vehicle and a lot of blank space. Without that, there would be sufficient room to increase the point size to double or even triple. I know what my car looks like and don't need to look at the screen to see passing vehicles. Information that is important to me such as the current time, temperature, navigation info and details of my music is hard to read with the naked eye. Not only is this an inconvenience, but it's a hazard when I need to take my eyes off the road to read it. If you feel similarly about the touchscreen configuration, let's all speak up and bombard Tesla with messages to request improvements to the screen. Who's with me? ;)

#2 ·
I don't necessarily have an issue reading the screen, but I agree that functionality took a back seat for every driver just so Tesla can use more screen real estate as an advertising platform for FSD.

Reactions: Kimmo57
#9 ·
I'm older now and need reading glasses and without them I have a tough time reading the screen. I too wish for larger text. They did bold some of the text elements which is welcome but street names in particular on the map could be bigger
Agree. I wear progressive lenses and have always had difficulty with the smaller indicators. I'd rather not stare at the screen and then discover I'm in the ditch or the ocean.

The big question is how to get Tesla's attention to all the concerns being raised. I know people have suggested Twitter but in 3 years I've never had any reaction from Tesla / Elon.

#18 ·
FSD in the city is obviously still Beta, but NOA on the highway has been around for about 4 years. During that time Mr. Spacely has made literally thousands of lane changes without confirmation. And I have ridden (not driven) about 25,000 highway miles without intervention. I'd day the ability to see cars around it has been perfected. If there was such thing as "Highway Only Robotaxi" Tesla would be ready...

#19 · (Edited)
FSD in the city is obviously still Beta, but NOA on the highway has been around for about 4 years. During that time
ALL of FSD / AP / EAP / NoA / autosteer are STILL Beta (4+ years now). The limited distribution "Beta FSD" on city streets is not good enough, IMHO, to be called Beta. It's nowhere near feature complete.

#27 ·
Mine is set to auto lane change, no notification. Still requires a nudge. I'll try to remember to record a video next time I'm on NoA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.