Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Rimetrix Orbital Model 3 eighteen inch wheel covers last week and they are pretty nice. I made a brief video about them. If you have any questions about them, feel free to comment. I haven't done any range testing yet, but I only plan to use these when I take longer trips. I still like the Model 3 eighteen inch wheel.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are pretty secure. These are so nice I think we're going to see them venture out into Model S/X wheel covers. Just my prediction.

· Registered
199 Posts
I got my set as well. I have my winter tiles on different wheels now so can't put them on the car yet. I did try it on one of my 18" aeros. It fits where tight. Actually harder to get on than the aero covers. I would not expect these to come loose very easily. Not bad for $150 shipped. Now they can be ordered from Indiegogo for $236. $256 for silver.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You didn't happen to put the cap on the cover before putting it on the wheel. I did by mistake and of course it won't go on. Without the cap they go on pretty easy.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are arriving today to cover the Rimetrix caps. Rimetrix recommended them and designed their caps to accept this size. I'll post a picture after I install one.

· Registered
199 Posts
You didn't happen to put the cap on the cover before putting it on the wheel. I did by mistake and of course it won't go on. Without the cap they go on pretty easy.
No I didn't. It just seemed like I had to push harder, but I was also mounting like you did, off the car, which I never do with aero covers so maybe just seemed harder. Plus I was trying to be gentle with my new toy that took a year to get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.