Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you installed a version of 2022.16?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Resources for Software Information:     
Software Versions:     
  • 2022.16.0.2 14ec78f36b10 (2022-05-24)
  • 2022.16.0.3 653178c5e9c7 (2022-05-26)
  • 2022.16.1.1 49e211fc4716 (2022-06-07)
  • 2022.16.1.2 e55928ee677f (2022-06-15)
  • 2022.16.2    86e60d9a2bcf (2022-06-21)
Previous Software Thread:
Release Notes:

Driver Profiles
Media Player accounts (e.g. Spotify login) are now linked to your driver profile. Simply log into your media account while your driver profile is selected.​
Regenerative Braking (Specific versions of Model 3 & Y)​
Your vehicle can now automatically apply regular brakes for consistent deceleration when regenerative braking is limited due to battery temperature or state of charge. To enable, tap Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited.​
Navigation Energy Prediction
Energy prediction for your route has been improved by incorporating forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature when using online navigation.​
TeslaMic (China)​
TeslaMic performance has been improved, reducing the latency for a more seamless Caraoke experience.​
Powered Trunk (undocumented change)​
If your vehicle is equipped with a powered trunk, this update addresses an issue that could have caused your trunk from closing completely.​

2022.16.1.1 Release Notes:

Navigate On Autopilot Fork Initiation (Europe)​
Navigate on Autopilot has been updated to require a driver-initiated request before the vehicle will select a motorway exit or interchange. This driver-initiated request can be made by using the turn signal stalk shortly before the lateral maneuver is required. Please remain attentive and ready to initiate these maneuvers to remain on the navigation route. This update serves as a remedy to a noncompliance recall of the prior capability (not requiring a driver-initiated request) and only affects vehicles with the Navigate on Autopilot feature in markets that apply European (ECE) regulation.​
BUG: Voice Commands Don't Work
Three forum members have observed that voice commands are broken in this release. Two forum members have confirmed that 2022.16.1.2 fixes this bug.​
2022.16.2 Release Notes:

Autopilot Maximum Speed
Autopilot's maximum speed has been increased from 80 mph to 85 mph. Please continue to remain attentive and ready to take over while using Autopilot features.​

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Downloading now. Mods, please move this to someplace appropriate.

Driver Profiles - Media player accounts (e.g. Spotify login) are now linked to your driver profile. Simply log in to your media account while your driver profile is selected.

Navigation Energy Prediction - Energy prediction for your route has been improved by incorporating forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature when using online navigation.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
GreenTheOnly has a bit more info not disclosed in the end-user changelog.

If anyone is still excited about the next round of non-FSD or FSD beta builds, they havent had their Tesla or Teslas long enough.

Wake us up when v11 is gone, and non-gimmick, non-vaporware L3/4/5 is achieved on v2.5 or v3.x hardware.

Reactions: Mike and styleruk

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
I hope the blended brake is available for my Model 3! I don't like how the car drives so differently depending on temperature and state of charge; I feel like that's a safety issue.

·
TOO RSS Bot
5,029 Posts
2022.16.0.2 Tesla Software Update & Release Notes: improved regenerative braking in cold weather and more undocumented features

Tesla started deploying their latest software update last night, 2022.16.0.2, and while the release notes only included three new items, one of them was an important addition, especially for owners in colder climates.

There was also at least one undocumented update included in the release, and another waiting in the wings set to be released soon.

Documented Features
Navigation Energy Prediction - we first heard about this feature back in March, and now it has gone live. Your energy consumption estimate when using navigation now considers forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature in its calculations, all of which should provide a more accurate estimated state of charge for when you arrive at your destination.

Drive Profiles - Tesla has updated the way driver profiles work to allow for individual media player accounts, like Spotify, to be linked to specific profiles. This will be a nice addition for couples who use the car but have different tastes in music.

Regenerative Braking - perhaps the biggest feature of this release is that some Model 3 and Model Y owners will no longer experience limited regen braking. According to the release notes, your regular brakes will now be applied to ensure "consistent deceleration" when there is limited regen due to a cold or full battery.

For those who want to keep the experience of having limited regen in cold weather (and save their brake pads even more), the feature can be turned off in the menu by going to Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking is Limited.

Unfortunately it also looks like this improvement isn't for all Tesla owners. Based on the finding of hacker @greentheonly, only cars with certain hardware receive the update. It is unknown what the requirements are, but based on reports from owners who have received it, it appears as though it is only being added to newer vehicles.

Undocumented Features
There were also at least one undocumented features in this release, and another lurking in the wings waiting to be released.

According to Australian Tesla owner and enthusiast @techAU, the driving visualizations have been updated to include the same new visuals that were added in the latest Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta update.

Updated car models, now shows wheels for all vehicles. pic.twitter.com/bJLT0gWMYx

- techAU (@techAU) May 25, 2022
Although not included in the release, @greentheonly says Tesla is preparing to show projected wait times at Superchargers on the in-car navigation. Along with showing the wait times, green said there was also an indication that if your route includes a congested Supercharger, you will be offered alternate routes that include other uncongested Superchargers if available.

Green also shared this image of the new icon that will go along with the feature.

supercharger wait time
Although no one has reported it yet, we are hoping this release also includes a fix for the Dashcam and Sentry Mode bug we told you about last week. If you received the update and are no longer experiencing the issue, let us know in the comments below or tag us on Twitter (@driveteslaca).

2022.16.0.2 Release Notes

Navigation Energy Prediction
Energy prediction for your route has been improved by incorporating forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature when using online navigation.

Driver Profiles
Media Player accounts (e.g. Spotify login) are now linked to your driver profile. Simply log into your media account while your driver profile is selected.

Regenerative Braking
Your vehicle can now automatically apply regular brakes for consistent deceleration when regenerative braking is limited due to battery temperature or state of charge. To enable tap Controls ?Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking is Limited.

The post 2022.16.0.2 Tesla Software Update & Release Notes: improved regenerative braking in cold weather and more undocumented features appeared first on Drive Tesla.

Continue reading...

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Now getting 2022.16.0.3.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I hope the blended brake is available for my Model 3! I don't like how the car drives so differently depending on temperature and state of charge; I feel like that's a safety issue.
Funny, I'm actually fine with the car not braking w/o me 'asking' it to - is it configurable?

Reactions: pweady

·
Super Moderator
16,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny, I'm actually fine with the car not braking w/o me 'asking' it to - is it configurable?
Yes, for the cars that will allow this new setting, it's configurable. See the release notes in the first post of this thread for details on configuring it.

·
Super Moderator
16,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New build 2022.16.1.1

2022.16.1.1 Release Notes:

Navigate On Autopilot Fork Initiation (Europe)​
Navigate on Autopilot has been updated to require a driver-initiated request before the vehicle will select a motorway exit or interchange. This driver-initiated request can be made by using the turn signal stalk shortly before the lateral maneuver is required. Please remain attentive and ready to initiate these maneuvers to remain on the navigation route. This update serves as a remedy to a noncompliance recall of the prior capability (not requiring a driver-initiated request) and only affects vehicles with the Navigate on Autopilot feature in markets that apply European (ECE) regulation.​

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Just got 2022.16.1.1 and the notes said the same as 2022.16.0.2 and 2022.16.0.3: only the Driver Profiles and Navigation Energy Prediction. No regen change for my hardware apparently and I don’t have a powered trunk. Not sure what this entire 2022.16 firmware is supposed to do or why it continues to dribble out at such a glacial pace vs the top 2022.12 updates. I guess I should be happy to be on the latest/greatest non-FSD firmware, but it would be nice to better understand the whys of all of this.

Reactions: JeffC and Mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not currently on chart, so posted here.
Downloaded 2022.16.1.2

·
Registered
475 Posts
2022.16.1.1 has taken yet another feature away for us UK/European users. Now it will not exit to a slip road without indicator confirmation. Just like when they removed the auto change lane feature. so what does FSD do for us now? Not much really, parks...that's it. Everything else you have to manually tell it to do, which means you may as well do it .... well..... manually. 🤔 there's a reason why nobody buys FSD in the UK these days.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Just downloaded…16.1.1 over the weekend and voice command not working well. I repeatedly asked to adjust fan speed and error messages came up. Said it doesn’t recognize the command. It used to work just fine prior to this version. Did a reboot and still have problems with voice command. Maybe it’s me and not the software :p Maybe my voice has gotten worse as I get older:LOL: anyone else having voice command issues with this version?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Oddly, 2022.16.1.2 downloaded and installed without my manually starting it, where I usually must start these manuall. So it seems Tesla forced the 16.1.2 release out to some cars with 16.1.1

Anyone else have that happen?

CORRECTION: 1.2 downloaded, but did not update. I still had to manually start the update, so this is NORMAL.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts