• 2022.4.5.1 6b701552d7a6 (2022-02-11)
  • 2022.4.5.2 37b6c75b357d (2022-02-12)
  • 2022.4.5.3 6679a1b92604 (2022-02-15)
  • 2022.4.5.4 abcfac6bfcdc (2022-02-26)
  • 2022.4.5.5 8f64be450534 (2022-03-02)
  • 2022.4.5.11 7403f378f924 (2022-03-03)
  • 2022.4.5.12 a5461e14a4d4 (2022-03-08)
  • 2022.4.5.16 aeb0553bcc68 (2022-03-09)
  • 2022.4.5.15 cb996d67f0f0 (2022-03-14) (Discussion thread: FSD Beta 10.11)
  • 2022.4.5.17 31c9063b01aa (2022-03-17)
  • 2022.4.5.18 37330c5b997a (2022-03-23)
  • 2022.4.5.20 2fa4471c6cf7 (2022-03-25) (Discussion thread: FSD Beta 10.11.1)
  • 2022.4.5.21 a912b0d64483 (2022-04-04) (Discussion thread: FSD Beta 10.11.2)
Release Notes:
Regenerative Braking in Autopilot
Autopilot will now use more regenerative braking at low speeds for higher efficiency and an improved driving experience, especially in stop-and-go traffic. Increased use of regenerative braking results in less brake pedal noise and smoother stops.​
Sonic the Hedgehog (available in new regions)​
Jump into the original Sonic the Hedgehog! Speed by in a blur using the supersonic spin attack at high speed, defy gravity around loop-the-loops and defeat Dr. Eggman as the fastest hedgehog of all-time. Gotta Go Fast!​
2022.4.5 Release Notes:
Car Colorizer (Model X 2021+ Model S 2021+ Model 3 Model Y) (was China-only for 2022.2, now rest of world)​
Customize how your car appears on the touchscreen and mobile app with the Car Colorizer. Change the color of your car's exterior by tapping Controls > Software > Colorizer icon, or using Colorizer in the ToyBox.​
More Icons in Status Bar (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y)​
Undocumented Change​
This is an undocumented change in this release.​
In V11 of Tesla's software, many icons that appeared in the status bar along the top of the screen were moved to the top of the Controls menu.​
With this release, some icons return to the status bar in certain circumstances.​
The Driver Profiles and Sentry Mode icons will appear while the car is in Park. Once the vehicle is in Drive then the icons disappear from the status bar and will only appear in the Controls menu.​
The cellular data icon will only appear in the status bar if the car doesn't have a data connection. While the Wi-Fi icon will appear in the status bar only when the car is actively connected to a Wi-Fi access point.​
Other icons such as Bluetooth, software update notifications, and car notifications will only appear the top of the Controls menu.​
Save Dashcam Clips (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (was China-only for 2022.2, now rest of world)​
Quickly save Dashcam clips by adding the Dashcam icon to your bottom bar. Simply long press any app icon to enter edit mode, then drag Dashcam to the bottom bar for quick access. Tap the Dashcam icon to manually save a clip while driving.​
Regenerative Braking in Autopilot (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y)​
Autopilot will now use more regenerative braking at low speeds for higher efficiency and an improved driving experience, especially in stop-and-go traffic. Increased use of regenerative braking results in less brake pedal noise and smoother stops.​
Sonic the Hedgehog (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available in new regions)​
Jump into the original Sonic the Hedgehog! Speed by in a blur using the supersonic spin attack at high speed, defy gravity around loop-the-loops and defeat Dr. Eggman as the fastest hedgehog of all-time. Gotta Go Fast!​
Windshield Wiper Defrost (was China-only for 2022.2, now rest of world)​
Clear snow and ice from your wiper blades by turning on windshield wiper defrost for improved visibility. To enable, tap the wiper defrost icon in the Climate control popup. Wiper defrost will automatically turn off after 30 minutes and will only activate when temperatures drop below 50°F (10°C) when enabled.​
Nearby Superchargers (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (was China-only for 2022.2, now rest of world)​
View and filter a complete list of nearby Superchargers based on maximum charging power. Tap the charging icon on your map display and select the associated lightning bolt icons.​
TeslaMic and KTV (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available only in China)​
Transform your vehicle cabin into a karaoke studio with TeslaMic and ThunderStone KTV. Open Thunderstone KTV in the Theater app and sing along to your favorite music videos. Passengers can also enjoy TeslaMic with QQ and NetEase Lyrics while vehicle is in drive.​
Traffic Along Route (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available only in China)​
Show live traffic data along your primary route as well as on alternate routes, for a more focused and informed navigation experience.​
NetEase Cloud Music (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available only in China)​
You can now listen to music from NetEase Cloud Music in the Media Player. Sign in to your NetEase member account and enjoy listening to your favorite songs and artists.​
Bilibili (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (MCU 2) (Available only in China)​
Enjoy a new and improved Bilibili experience in the Tesla Theater with high-quality content. A new interface design allows users to easily start video playback and explore their playlists continuously.​
2022.4.5.4 Release Notes:
Request Full Self-Driving Beta (added Canada)
You can now request early access to Full Self-Driving Beta pending eligibility. To get started, tap Controls > Autopilot > Request Full Self-Driving Beta and follow the instructions.​
2022.4.5.12 Release Notes:
Range Display Calibration
The range display in your vehicle is undergoing calibration. Until calibrated, displayed range may under or overestimate compared to distance driven. To improve accuracy, charge to 100% and wait until the charge port LED turns solid green, indicating a completed charging session. It is recommended for this configuration of vehicle to keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week.​
For more information on battery care and tips please refer to the Owner's Manual.​

· Registered
603 Posts
Oh dear lord what have they done to me on this one! Have you ever been in a taxi in China, if so, then you'll know that point at which you want to whack the driver round the head for constantly accelerating and de-accelerating on a long journey. Well, in walking pace traffic jam (30% of my commute), the car does this kangaroo thing that ends with me banging my head on the headrest.. WTF! So no adaptive cruise in traffic then...until they fix that. The single most irritating thing I have ever had on any car bar the cassette player chewing a tape back in the 90s. And I own a classic car.
It starts subtly, then builds into a full on kangaroo mode that has to be stopped by turning it off.

· Registered
67 Posts
What I cant interpret from those notes is if means more aggressive braking overall, or that the mix between regen and friction braking is shifting to more regen and less use of the friction brakes. If that's the case it may or may not be getting more herky-jerky. As someone who loves the one pedal driving but is also prone to motion sickness. The second option is preferable.

· Registered
79 Posts
What I cant interpret from those notes is if means more aggressive braking overall, or that the mix between regen and friction braking is shifting to more regen and less use of the friction brakes. If that's the case it may or may not be getting more herky-jerky. As someone who loves the one pedal driving but is also prone to motion sickness. The second option is preferable.
there is no discernable difference in braking. I think it is meant to use regen instead of friction brakes. But it isn't total.

· Registered
4,270 Posts
Now that I have had V11 for awhile , I will move to the "like" column. I would like to have energy graph page back, unless I have not found it yet.
Energy graph is still there. Look among the icons at the bottom of the home screen (where games and such are located). A small green graph icon.

· Registered
603 Posts
I just hope they fix it soon. It's completely not usable for me, makes me car sick. I've tried hard reboot, calibrate cams, trying setting the gap higher to the car in front. actually tried 1-6 on the gap setting, but still does the jerky kangaroo thing. Utterly useless for me in slow moving traffic now....Yet another feature taken away.

· Registered
603 Posts
Nope, that's enough, I've booked her in, completely stupid and even dangerous levels of jerkiness. It's like I'm brake testing the car behind as the car kangaroos in slow moving traffic. Absolutely terrible. Booked in for no heated passenger seat but also telling them the cruise control at low speed is broken.

· Registered
67 Posts
Nope, that's enough, I've booked her in, completely stupid and even dangerous levels of jerkiness. It's like I'm brake testing the car behind as the car kangaroos in slow moving traffic. Absolutely terrible. Booked in for no heated passenger seat but also telling them the cruise control at low speed is broken.
Let us know what they say.

Reactions: JeffC and Mike

· Registered
130 Posts
Oh dear lord what have they done to me on this one! Have you ever been in a taxi in China, if so, then you'll know that point at which you want to whack the driver round the head for constantly accelerating and de-accelerating on a long journey. Well, in walking pace traffic jam (30% of my commute), the car does this kangaroo thing that ends with me banging my head on the headrest.. WTF! So no adaptive cruise in traffic then...until they fix that. The single most irritating thing I have ever had on any car bar the cassette player chewing a tape back in the 90s. And I own a classic car.
It starts subtly, then builds into a full on kangaroo mode that has to be stopped by turning it off.
I think something must be wrong with your car. I tested 2022.4 yesterday in traffic (on and off highway). It's only been one drive (~100km) so far, but I found the opposite of what you experienced! My distance is set to 4, perhaps that makes a difference. In any case, the accelerations and decelerations are much smoother with this version. In the past, I could feel the car in front shifting gears (e.g. after being stopped at a traffic light) and AP would wait too long before starting to decelerate and would end up braking (sometimes quite) a bit hard behind a slow or stopped car. I would rarely let AP handle slow and stopped traffic. With 2022.4, I feel this is a lot closer to the way I would accelerate and decelerate.

· Super Moderator
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2022.4.5 Release Notes:
Car Colorizer (Model X 2021+ Model S 2021+ Model 3 Model Y)​
Customize how your car appears on the touchscreen and mobile app with the Car Colorizer. Change the color of your car's exterior by tapping Controls > Software > Colorizer icon, or using Colorizer in the ToyBox.​
More Icons in Status Bar (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y)​
Undocumented Change​
This is an undocumented change in this release.​
In V11 of Tesla's software, many icons that appeared in the status bar along the top of the screen were moved to the top of the Controls menu.​
With this release, some icons return to the status bar in certain circumstances.​
The Driver Profiles and Sentry Mode icons will appear while the car is in Park. Once the vehicle is in Drive then the icons disappear from the status bar and will only appear in the Controls menu.​
The cellular data icon will only appear in the status bar if the car doesn't have a data connection. While the Wi-Fi icon will appear in the status bar only when the car is actively connected to a Wi-Fi access point.​
Other icons such as Bluetooth, software update notifications, and car notifications will only appear the top of the Controls menu.​
Save Dashcam Clips (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y)​
Quickly save Dashcam clips by adding the Dashcam icon to your bottom bar. Simply long press any app icon to enter edit mode, then drag Dashcam to the bottom bar for quick access. Tap the Dashcam icon to manually save a clip while driving.​
Regenerative Braking in Autopilot (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y)​
Sonic the Hedgehog (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available in new regions)​
Windshield Wiper Defrost (China)​
Clear snow and ice from your wiper blades by turning on windshield wiper defrost for improved visibility. To enable, tap the wiper defrost icon in the Climate control popup. Wiper defrost will automatically turn off after 30 minutes and will only activate when temperatures drop below 50°F (10°C) when enabled.​
Nearby Superchargers (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available only in China)​
View and filter a complete list of nearby Superchargers based on maximum charging power. Tap the charging icon on your map display and select the associated lightning bolt icons.​
TeslaMic and KTV (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available only in China)​
Transform your vehicle cabin into a karaoke studio with TeslaMic and ThunderStone KTV. Open Thunderstone KTV in the Theater app and sing along to your favorite music videos. Passengers can also enjoy TeslaMic with QQ and NetEase Lyrics while vehicle is in drive.​
Traffic Along Route (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available only in China)​
Show live traffic data along your primary route as well as on alternate routes, for a more focused and informed navigation experience.​
NetEase Cloud Music (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (Available only in China)​
You can now listen to music from NetEase Cloud Music in the Media Player. Sign in to your NetEase member account and enjoy listening to your favorite songs and artists.​
Bilibili (Model S Model 3 Model X Model Y) (MCU 2) (Available only in China)​
Enjoy a new and improved Bilibili experience in the Tesla Theater with high-quality content. A new interface design allows users to easily start video playback and explore their playlists continuously.​

· Registered
3,376 Posts
With this release, some icons return to the status bar in certain circumstances.
The Driver Profiles and Sentry Mode icons will appear while the car is in Park. Once the vehicle is in Drive then the icons disappear from the status bar and will only appear in the Controls menu

Yay!

Edit: now, all I need is my seat heater icon to show!

· Premium Member
915 Posts
With this release, some icons return to the status bar in certain circumstances.
The Driver Profiles and Sentry Mode icons will appear while the car is in Park. Once the vehicle is in Drive then the icons disappear from the status bar and will only appear in the Controls menu

Yay!

Edit: now, all I need is my seat heater icon to show!
Closer but still less than we had :) :( It's so odd that we're cheered on by the addition of something they previously took away, I swear this must be some experiment or something.

Every once in a while I'll change something that my car thinks is an important profile change like which heated seats are on or a tweak to the seat position. With V10 I can hit the button to revert w/o going in park; how does it work now?

Seat heater icons, defrost icons, fast quick look of tire pressures. Oh wait, just stay on V10 :)

1 - 20 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.