Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you installed a version of 2022.44?

61 - 80 of 134 Posts

Premium Member
Of late it seems discussions of new updates are focused more on what got borked and the hope that previous borks got fixed, and less excitement about new things. Seems wrong. And not at all like I remember the first few years of Model 3 ownership. The bloom has left the rose.

Registered
Nice approach to minimize parasitic power loss if it works.

Bob Wilson
Not gonna go around in circles on this one, but if the power off button is the one I鈥檓 thinking of鈥f you push that button and then use any other energy consuming device (such as leaving your seat (weight on seat switch) or opening the door to exit (power door latch mechanism and window motor to drop the glass) then the true power down hasn鈥檛 occurred. One has to not use any energy for a few minutes, until one hears the HVAC temperature blend door move to a null position, before a full power down has occurred. IIRK that takes over three minutes鈥nd then after that true power down, you wake the car back up when you exit the car.
Letting the car enter a deep sleep cycle is all that is needed, and that will happen if you exit the car without sentry mode enabled.

Registered
Not gonna go around in circles on this one, but if the power off button is the one I鈥檓 thinking of鈥f you push that button and then use any other energy consuming device (such as leaving your seat (weight on seat switch) or opening the door to exit (power door latch mechanism and window motor to drop the glass) then the true power down hasn鈥檛 occurred. One has to not use any energy for a few minutes, until one hears the HVAC temperature blend door move to a null position, before a full power down has occurred. IIRK that takes over three minutes鈥nd then after that true power down, you wake the car back up when you exit the car.
Letting the car enter a deep sleep cycle is all that is needed, and that will happen if you exit the car without sentry mode enabled.
Park, open drivers door (windows auto-semi-retracts), power off. power off, screen goes black. Exit, close door, window auto-closes. Screen never comes back on. Walk away.

Registered
Hey guys...

Finally managed to get the download re-started...thanks for the help!

One question though...how to I now ADD a favorites station? The "STAR" that was next to the thumbs up/down button is gone...so not sure if there is something I am missing?

Registered
I still have my favorites station... ;)

Registered
Park, open drivers door (windows auto-semi-retracts), power off. power off, screen goes black. Exit, close door, window auto-closes. Screen never comes back on. Walk away.
Screen never coming back on when you close the door is irrelevant. Mine goes black as well when I leave the car. Your screen may be black, but the window auto closing cancels the full power down. I guarantee your superbottle pump is still running (very faint pump sound from below the pax side window wiper).

And the observation regarding lifetime odometer energy readings: that odometer reading does not capture any energy the car uses while NOT in gear. Example: reset the trip odometer, drive a notional 2 km and then park the car and note the Wh/km used. Then, put the car in camp mode for eight hours. Then get back into the car and drive an additional one km; you battery SOC will have gone down ~20ish % but the odometer will only capture energy burn while in gear. Everyone has different global energy usage patterns (location, charging habits, frequency of use); in my case the difference between what the car says I鈥檝e used over the past 91,000 km and what I鈥檝e actually pulled from the grid is about 24%.

re member
My front sensor stopped working with the holiday update. Sides and back works. Anyone else experience issues like this?
I haven鈥檛 noticed the front yet but the back waits a very long time (relative to the images representing nearby vehicles and obstacles) before it appears.

Premium Member
The "following distance" control is missing from my screen. I could not find it in the display sub-screens either. Thoughts?

I've never felt 'following distance' was particularly effective and whatever it is set to now is OK. But in bumper-to-bumper, setting the minimum distance gives the illusion of something useful.

Bob Wilson

• Helpful
Reactions: Klaus-rf

Premium Member
The "following distance" control is missing from my screen. I could not find it in the display sub-screens either. Thoughts?

I've never felt 'following distance' was particularly effective and whatever it is set to now is OK. But in bumper-to-bumper, setting the minimum distance gives the illusion of something useful.

Bob Wilson
It鈥檚 been a while since I looked for it in the Autopilot settings, but you can change follow distance by moving the right scroll wheel left and right.

Registered
Just updated to 25.3, Just could not update for a while as my car would not find wi-fi. Just spent an hour setting up a wi-fi booster that's within a few metres of the car, now it can connect. Not sure why but recently the wi-fi range of my car is bloody awful. Used to connect to work 15m from hub, but that's no go these days. Anyhoo, nothing new with the update then. Best I find another toy to play with or eat some more mince pies.

61 - 80 of 134 Posts