Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you installed a version of 2022.44?

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

Registered
Swipe up on media bar. Left also brought back energy summary and tire pressure reading without needing to go to settings.
Yes, the swipe up shows all of my stations that I can select from. But my "favorites" station, which was a conglomeration of all my many individual favorites is no more. Nor is there any yellow star to tell the system to include the current station in my favorites conglomeration.

Registered
I have just got 30.5 and now have the option to turn on FSD (beta).

I would like to try it on one highway drive next week; can I try it once and turn it back off without any fan fare?

Thanks.

Premium Member
I have just got 30.5 and now have the option to turn on FSD (beta).

I would like to try it on one highway drive next week; can I try it once and turn it back off without any fan fare?

Thanks.
You can turn FSD Beta on and off at will. I have it on on my profile and my girlfriend has it off on hers. Note: you will only be experiencing FSD Beta if you鈥檙e on a road that is not a limited access highway. You can verify that it is active when you see the red markings indicating road edges.

Registered
Worst upgrade since I bought the car (2022.44.25.3)... Profiles were all deleted and I could no longer unlock the car with my phone. I had to delete the phone from the key list, reboot the phone and add it back before things got working normally again...
Is your phone an android phone?

Only reason I ask: 44.30.5 kludged my wifes android phone WRT the Tesla app (had to wipe the phone from key list AND wipe the app from the phone and start all over again). My iphone was not effected.

Registered
Is your phone an android phone?

Only reason I ask: 44.30.5 kludged my wifes android phone WRT the Tesla app (had to wipe the phone from key list AND wipe the app from the phone and start all over again). My iphone was not effected.
Yes it is. I didn't have to wipe the app out, but I restarted the phone and it worked afterwards...

Premium Member
Well, a vast majority of my software updates have been very stable including latest 25.2 back in December. For whatever reasons, this morning I got in the car to drive to work and the screen was black with only low humming of the fan running. I remembered that I did not see a notification on my iPhone today that states the car climate is now ready at my desired temp, etc. that I normally see each weekday morning since I set the car to pre-conditioning. I sat there a minute with screen still black and then decided to unbuckle my seatbelt, exit the car, close the door, wait a few seconds and re-enter the car. Still black screen...so I stepped on the brake, hold down both scroll wheels to reboot. Rebooting brought up the Tesla logo and the screen rebooted. Once rebooted, the screen looks like it was back to factory settings with none of my config. or profile shown. Weird. Since I needed to start driving to work, I didn't have time to play around with the settings. I am hoping that once the car goes into deep sleep tonight that I'll get my profiles, etc. back. This is the first time this has happened to me in 4.5 years of software updates...maybe I was just lucky previously.

Registered
It has also happened to me once in 4.5 years, last fall. I tried everything you have to no avail. However, I was too impatient to let it sleep before I reset everything. PITA, but nothing terminal. I hope your sleep idea pays dividends for you!

Premium Member
It has also happened to me once in 4.5 years, last fall. I tried everything you have to no avail. However, I was too impatient to let it sleep before I reset everything. PITA, but nothing terminal. I hope your sleep idea pays dividends for you!
Unfortunately, deep sleep did not bring back my profile, settings, etc. So I had to set everything back to what I had previously, Homelink, mirrors, Apple Music, etc鈥 PITA is correct!! I hope the next update will not break it again. My seat heater icons disappeared and so I am looking to find them and put them back at the bottom of screen.

Premium Member
Installed 2022.44.30.10 and updated Tesla App to 4.17.0. Have not driven car since software update but will report later.

Failed to find the camera video on Tesla App 4.17.0. Did find the tire pressure display under 'Controls' but the values suggest are previously recorded, not the cold tire pressure. Attempt to send feedback on charging reports,"Submission Failed We ran into an issue ..."

Was able to find the SuperCharger history and see an invoice but it does not record other, non-Tesla charging sessions like at my home L2. The history output is a CSV file that can by default is total vehicle SuperCharger history.

Returning home Thursday, was pleased to find WiFi connected with reasonable bandwidth enough to support YouTube. I suspect that is how the new software was downloaded onto my car.

Will drive the car today and share results.

Bob Wilson

Reactions: Mike

Registered
First drive impressions:

WOW!! 馃槏

WARNING: Take turns at intersections manually. There be dragons there.

Bob Wilson
Not sure I get it. EAP has been impressive to me since I first got it 3 1/2 years ago. So, if I still take turns manually, where is the WOW? Until FSD is indeed FULL self-driving, I remain seriously unimpressed.

Premium Member
Not sure I get it. EAP has been impressive to me since I first got it 3 1/2 years ago. So, if I still take turns manually, where is the WOW? Until FSD is indeed FULL self-driving, I remain seriously unimpressed.
This is what I posted in another forum:

Semantics, I wish "Autopilot" had been called "Copilot" because it assists the driver. A former private pilot, I understand why autopilot is appropriate because the original intended Level 4-5 objective for robotaxi. But Elon is attracted only to the hardest problems that challenge him and his team.
This morning, I updated to software 2022.44.30.10 and the latest Full Self Driving (FSD.) After a short day of testing, both are much improved:

• Side camera operation- that turns on the camera on the turn signal side. Unlike the side mirrors, the cameras have a wider field of view than the mirrors which is especially useful when turn-merging into a fast traffic lane. Not being so flexible and the "B" pillar blocking the driver side, rear view to traffic. When backing up or with rear view enabled, the rear and two side cameras provide an unobstructed, unmatched view.
  • Single lane and right intersection turns - much more confident and trustable. But if taking a turn at an intersection, doing the turn manually is less 'exciting.' My earlier strikes (i.e., disengagements) occurred while turning at intersections.
  • Lane bias for wider vehicles - when passing large trucks in adjacent lanes, the car smoothly snuggles to the far side its lane. This is a lot less exciting.
  • Sensitive to steering cheat devices - it easily detects simple weights and warns. So I'm already designing ... engineering challenge games.
  • Integrated navigation - the car will prompt for lane changes and adjust speed for exits and merging in traffic.
Also, some functions like Supercharger invoices are in the Tesla App instead of the web page. I haven't found the cabin camera view yet but will check YouTubes later. But I am faced with a 'Sophies Choice.'
If I trade-up my 2019 Model 3, I will lose Full Self Driving that now costs $15,000. It can not be moved to a new Tesla I might buy. But my 100% SOC range is down to 215 mi from the original 240 miles. It may be cheaper to swap the battery someday and keep FSD than swap the car and have to pay $15,000 for FSD again.

Bob Wilson

Registered
This is what I posted in another forum:

Semantics, I wish "Autopilot" had been called "Copilot" because it assists the driver. A former private pilot, I understand why autopilot is appropriate because the original intended Level 4-5 objective for robotaxi. But Elon is attracted only to the hardest problems that challenge him and his team.
This morning, I updated to software 2022.44.30.10 and the latest Full Self Driving (FSD.) After a short day of testing, both are much improved:

• Side camera operation- that turns on the camera on the turn signal side. Unlike the side mirrors, the cameras have a wider field of view than the mirrors which is especially useful when turn-merging into a fast traffic lane. Not being so flexible and the "B" pillar blocking the driver side, rear view to traffic. When backing up or with rear view enabled, the rear and two side cameras provide an unobstructed, unmatched view.
    • Single lane and right intersection turns - much more confident and trustable. But if taking a turn at an intersection, doing the turn manually is less 'exciting.' My earlier strikes (i.e., disengagements) occurred while turning at intersections.
    • Lane bias for wider vehicles - when passing large trucks in adjacent lanes, the car smoothly snuggles to the far side its lane. This is a lot less exciting.
    • Sensitive to steering cheat devices - it easily detects simple weights and warns. So I'm already designing ... engineering challenge games.
    • Integrated navigation - the car will prompt for lane changes and adjust speed for exits and merging in traffic.
Also, some functions like Supercharger invoices are in the Tesla App instead of the web page. I haven't found the cabin camera view yet but will check YouTubes later. But I am faced with a 'Sophies Choice.'
If I trade-up my 2019 Model 3, I will lose Full Self Driving that now costs $15,000. It can not be moved to a new Tesla I might buy. But my 100% SOC range is down to 215 mi from the original 240 miles. It may be cheaper to swap the battery someday and keep FSD than swap the car and have to pay $15,000 for FSD again.

Bob Wilson
Thanks for that write up.

I purchased FSD, but have yet to use it鈥owever your comments about the software acknowledgment of approaching vehicles that are wide and the car moves over makes me think it may be time to try this on long stretches of two lane highways.

Your observation about your 100% SOC down 10% from when the car was new, before making any sort of big purchase decision based only on that metric: have you done the whole 鈥渟low charge and balance鈥 routine whilst in a warm environment?

If the car really is now limited to a theoretical 215 miles and it is having a day to day impact on your ability to enjoy the car, your observation of just swapping the battery is what I would do.

And perhaps swap it out for an LFP (or even a long range) battery.

Super Moderator
My model 3 is on 2022.40.30.5 and it sometimes shows 5 minutes remaining to charge limit in the app even though it has way more than 5 minutes remaining and continues to charge for more than 5 minutes. Has anyone else noticed this?

Registered
My model 3 is on 2022.40.30.5 and it sometimes shows 5 minutes remaining to charge limit in the app even though it has way more than 5 minutes remaining and continues to charge for more than 5 minutes. Has anyone else noticed this?
Not specific to the app: I鈥檝e noticed since day one of ownership (4.7 years now) that my car sits at some figure of time remaining and continues to pump energy into the pack.

Example: to time my top ups to 100% SOC (for long trips) for departure time, I add an hour to whatever the car/app is telling me is required to top up. If the car says four hours, enable the charge to start five hours prior to departure to ensure the car actually reaches 100% and has balanced.

Another technique I use to ensure I reach a true, stable 100% just prior to departure is the enable the charge process to start normally (1900) and dial down the amps so that the car estimates I reach 100% about an hour before actually departing. Whilst loading the luggage the morning of departure, the car will say 100% but it is still soaking up energy well within an hour of departure.

Premium Member
Thanks to the increasing density of Superchargers and my patience for free L2 charging, I am in good shape. But if the range goes to 200 miles in two years, I鈥檒l have to make a decision:
  • 6 year old, 120,000 mi Model 3 with FSD gets a new battery
  • Trade in for improved Tesla Model TDB
What a delicious choice.

Bob Wilson

Reactions: Mike

Super Moderator
Not specific to the app: I鈥檝e noticed since day one of ownership (4.7 years now) that my car sits at some figure of time remaining and continues to pump energy into the pack.

Example: to time my top ups to 100% SOC (for long trips) for departure time, I add an hour to whatever the car/app is telling me is required to top up. If the car says four hours, enable the charge to start five hours prior to departure to ensure the car actually reaches 100% and has balanced.

Another technique I use to ensure I reach a true, stable 100% just prior to departure is the enable the charge process to start normally (1900) and dial down the amps so that the car estimates I reach 100% about an hour before actually departing. Whilst loading the luggage the morning of departure, the car will say 100% but it is still soaking up energy well within an hour of departure.
Sorry, I didn鈥檛 mean when charging to 100%. My car is currently at the airport plugged into 120 V and set to only 6 A. I noticed starting at about 59% it said 5 minutes remaining when I have the limit set to 90%.

• Helpful
  • Wow
Reactions: Kizzy and Mike
81 - 100 of 134 Posts