Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you installed a version of 2022.44?

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

· Premium Member
894 Posts
So v2022.44.30.10 has just been downloaded to my 2018 Model 3 and is waiting on me to trigger the install. I’m still on v2022.20.8 in a bit of a hunger strike against car downgrades. In reading the release notes on Teslafi.com and other places, this new software is an FSDb version. I’m not in FSDb and never have been. If it matters, I did buy the EAP/FSD package with the car but have not requested into the beta program. The same old, same old cautions appear about exclusively using TV (Disable Vision disabling my radar), no more “1” following distance, top automated speed limit of 85mph, yadda, yadda, botta bing, botta boom, Bob’s your uncle. Although there is no specific mention, I assume that auto wipers and high beams are mandatory as well, something I don’t have to endure on my existing version.

Does this mean Tesla is expanding the FSDb user base simply by giving it to everyone who installs the 44.30.10 version regardless of their previous experience with beta or having requested it?

Also, there is a sentence in the release notes that says: “The FSD Beta feature can only be removed per this suspension method and it will be unavailable for approximately two weeks.” I interpret that as meaning the only way out of FSDb is by failing out of it with five “Forced Autopilot Disengagements” so FSDb isn’t even an option any more?

I presume many who have been anticipating joining the ranks of testers of FSDb but could not for whatever reason will be elated by this. I plan to remain on v2022.20.8, now 167 days old on my car. Lots of things continue to discourage me from updating. To date, the only enticement I’ve seen worthwhile to me is the ability to see the cabin interior on the app through the cabin camera using Dog Mode. I’d actually like that, but it is a want and not anything necessary nor overwhelmingly encouraging.

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
see the cabin interior on the app through the cabin camera using Dog Mode.
I wanted it too but have failed to get it work ... or even find the control(s). I expect to see a YouTube demonstrating it.

Bob Wilson

· Registered
3 Posts
2022.44.30 installed last night in 19 M3. Complete disaster. Deleted most settings. Delete all 3 other user profiles (all use cloud logins). Deleted all 3 homelink garage doors. Logged me out of music services. required me to reset almost everything. Mobile app had to be re-allowed. To make it worse, I use cloud login. My ID is logged into my wife's model Y and when I activate my profile there, everything is intact without issue. I thought the point of these cloud IDs was to keep everything in SYNC???? I'm worried that all the changes will migrate to my user profile on my wife's car. And of course....no one to call from Tesla for help.

· Registered
141 Posts
I have noticed my '22 Model X telling me I have used the manual door lever when I haven't. Has anyone else noticed this? Not all the time, but ~33% - 50% of the time. I will admit I'm bad about activating the door when I haven't officially parked yet.
Running 2022.44.25.5

· Registered
865 Posts
I have noticed my '22 Model X telling me I have used the manual door lever when I haven't. Has anyone else noticed this? Not all the time, but ~33% - 50% of the time. I will admit I'm bad about activating the door when I haven't officially parked yet.
Running 2022.44.25.5
Known issue, reported over a month ago by many others on social media.

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
In another car forum, someone posted,"But they’ll steer you into a bike lane bollard or a centre divider."

I replied, "Fixed in last week’s update that I’ve been driving."

Bob Wilson

• Helpful
Reactions: Mike

· Registered
73 Posts
Yesterday I was notified that an update was available (44.30.5), which I installed. This morning I was notified that 44.30.10 was available, which I installed.
What a MESS! My car got reset, profiles are gone, homelink needs to be setup again, home address: gone! Navigate on autopilot won't engage, tells me it is not available in my region.
Went for a quick test drive, if I double tap to turn on lane keep I get frequent warning over nothing, hard braking for no reason, quiet disengagements, ...

This is a disaster. I suggest if you've not yet done so, don't install dot-ten!

· Registered
196 Posts
Last night I installed 44.30.10. No re-sets necessary but I noticed some additional phantom slowdowns when only using TAC. Haven't tried FSD yet. However, my iPhone is still intermittently connecting to Bluetooth for phone, Siri, etc. This was present in 44.30.5 as well. Often I have to connect the phone manually, but it is still shows available.

· Premium Member
894 Posts
Yesterday I was notified that an update was available (44.30.5), which I installed. This morning I was notified that 44.30.10 was available, which I installed.
What a MESS! My car got reset, profiles are gone, homelink needs to be setup again, home address: gone! Navigate on autopilot won't engage, tells me it is not available in my region.
Went for a quick test drive, if I double tap to turn on lane keep I get frequent warning over nothing, hard braking for no reason, quiet disengagements, ...

This is a disaster. I suggest if you've not yet done so, don't install dot-ten!
Gosh, as if I needed yet another reason to avoid moving to current release from my v2022.20.8 which is still working quite well. Thanks @NightStorm.

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Got my first strike on the new version after merging on to the access road along side the limited access route home. Time to install my former dash cam inside the cabin to record these events.

Bob Wilson

Reactions: Mike

· Registered
3 Posts
Looks like you had same issues as me. It is definitely a disaster. After posting I also noticed that my favorites and home address were deleted. Also, i forgot to mention that the first time I got in car after update, it said I was located at the Fremont CA Tesla factory. What I’m really concerned about is my cloud profile now seems out of sync. I have two Tesla’s and settings that should duplicate across cars are now not the same. I’m afraid that one day the system will figure itself out and try to sync - which settings will win? Tesla support has been unresponsive as usual. I love my car but getting help when needed is a disaster. No one seems equipped to help you.

· Registered
39 Posts
Last two days I was notified 2022.44.30.10 was available. Both times it “failed to install”. Sounds like that might be a good thing. But this is first time I’ve ever had a Tesla software update “fail”. Did a thumb wheel reset before second try without resolution.

· Registered
3 Posts
Really? 2022.44.30 Now we can sync headlights (wtf)...who in Development is the gatekeeper for updates? This kind of stuff just pisses me off because there is so much more that NEEDS be done improving the UI and safety.

1. Do we know that someone from Development of Client Services at Tesla actually monitors this forum?
2. Is there a published list of software updates that are in the works?
3. I got royally screwed with the recent deep price cuts and want to hear from Tesla that there is some kind of compensation in the works. Anyone hear anything in this regard?

Liking my Model 3....not loving it!

· Premium Member
852 Posts
Last two days I was notified 2022.44.30.10 was available. Both times it “failed to install”. Sounds like that might
I've been pretty impressed with FSD under 30.10. My car is back to driving up to work without intervention---most of the time, not always. I'm not actually caring much about all the other stuff that got updated so can't comment on that. Just care about FSD in town lately.

• Haha
Reactions: bwilson4web

· Registered
3,379 Posts
I've been pretty impressed with FSD under 30.10. My car is back to driving up to work without intervention---most of the time, not always. I'm not actually caring much about all the other stuff that got updated so can't comment on that. Just care about FSD in town lately.
I still haven’t turned on the FSD option…

If the FSD option is turned on, does one instantly lose the moving map data or does one keep the moving map display on the UI until a double tap on the stalk?

I’m heading out Sunday morning for a five hour run of which three hours will be on a two lane highway and I’d like to try FSD on the highway portions of my drive.

What I don’t want to have happen on this Sunday trip is to lose my UI information because it’s crowded out with the FSD graphics (which TBH I don’t care about).

· Premium Member
1,687 Posts
“I still haven’t turned on the FSD option…”

It is a different style of driving so go small initially until you grow confident with it. Autopilot took 3 weeks before I felt confident.

Bob Wilson

101 - 120 of 134 Posts