Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you installed a version of 2022.44?

Software Build v11.0 2022.44.*

20K views 165 replies 43 participants last post by  Big Red 
#1 · (Edited)
Resources for Software Information:     
Software Versions:     
  • 2022.44.2   8c977b514a11  (2022-12-03)
  • 2022.44.25.1 9bb554937e86 (2022-12-13)
  • 2022.44.25.2 6fa1c11346cc  (2022-12-14)
  • 2022.44.25.3 ff63b3ae90e2 (2022-12-19)
  • 2022.44.25.5 c148f5d83c55 (2022-12-19) (FSD Beta v10.69.25)
  • 2022.44.30  2ddbfd115193   (2022-12-19)
  • 2022.44.30.1 9bf26f084642   (2022-12-22)
  • 2022.44.30.5 244eeba10260 (2022-12-23) (FSD Beta v10.69.25.1)
  • 2022.44.30.10 a9b5f7cdabe8 (2023-01-17) (FSD Beta v10.69.25.2)
  • 2022.44.100  489cdafb54dc (2022-01-31)
  • 2022.44.30.2 4c11796        (2022-02-09)
  • 2022.44.200  bbeac43f       (2022-02-09)
Previous Software Thread:
2022.44.2 Release Notes:
Sentry Mode (Canada - already present in other markets?)​
Sentry Mode now allows for even greater customization, including:​

• Camera-Based Detection, which allows users to disable use of cameras to detect threats.
  • Sentry Mode Clip Length, which allows users to specify the length of the clip when a potential threat is detected.
To adjust these Sentry Mode settings, tap Controls > Safety > Sentry Mode.​
Camera-Based Detection (not Canada?)​
When Camera-Based Detection is enabled, Sentry Mode will use the vehicle’s external cameras in addition to vehicle sensors to detect a security event while parked. If disabled, the vehicle will only save clips to the USB drive if a physical threat is detected. To adjust, tap Controls > Safety > Sentry Mode > Camera-Based Detection.​
New Language Support
You can now select Thai as your touchscreen language. To update your language settings, tap Controls > Display and select your preferred language from the 'Touchscreen Language' drop-down menu.​
Seat Belt System Enhancement
With the help of Tesla Vision, seat belts will begin to tighten and protect properly restrained occupants earlier in a wider array of frontal crashes.​
Energy App
Learn more about your vehicle's energy consumption with the Energy app. You can now:​

• Monitor the amount of energy used while driving and parked.
  • See how much energy is consumed by different vehicle components, driving behaviors, and environmental conditions.
  • View energy used in comparison to trip projection and the battery indicator.
  • Receive personalized suggestions for using energy more efficiently.
2022.44.25.1 Release Notes:
Rear Screen Control (new S & X)​
Control the rear screen directly from the front seats. Select between front and rear displays as the preferred audio source, or completely lock the rear screen. To access, tap the Application Launcher > Rear.​
Note: Theater Mode controls are only available while parked.​
Zoom Meetings (new S & X, 3, Y)​
Make video calls with Zoom using the interior cabin camera. If you have a Zoom meeting in your Calendar, tap the link to automatically start or join your meeting. Participant video and screen sharing are only visible while parked and will switch to audio-only if you drive. To access Zoom, tap Application Launcher > Zoom.​
Steam (Beta) (new S & X)​
Access the Steam store directly from your Tesla. Buy and play immersive games that have been verified on Steam Deck. With Steam’s cloud synchronization, resume your game from your Tesla or any Steam device. To access Steam, tap the Application Launcher > Arcade.​
Note: This feature is available on Model S & X (year 2022+) with 16GB DDR memory, and requires Premium Connectivity.​
Apple Music
Stream over 100 million songs and 30,000 playlists ad-free. Listen to your entire library, discover new music, and tune into live radio stations. To access Apple Music, tap the Apple Music icon in the Application Launcher, scan the QR code with your mobile device, and login with your Apple ID.​
Note: A Premium Connectivity subscription is required to stream Apple Music over a cellular connection.​
Always Rainbows
Allow your driving visualization to show Rainbow Road when Autopilot is active.​
To enable, tap the Application Launcher > Toybox > Rainbow Road > Always Rainbows.​
Emissions Testing Mode via Mobile App (new S & X, 3, Y)​
Emissions Testing Mode can now be used from the Mobile App. Long press any quick controls icon from the home screen and drag the 'Fart' icon to the top row.​
Note: This feature requires Mobile App version 4.15.0+​
Media Controls (3, Y)​
Media controls are closer to the driver for easy access. Swipe up to access 'Recents & Favorites' and 'Sources', Swipe left or right to also access trips and tire pressure information.​
Contact Lookup
Search for contacts from a connected Bluetooth device. To access, tap the Application Launcher > Phone > Contacts > Search icon.​
Confirm Phone Call Transfer
Active phone calls from a mobile device connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth will now request confirmation before transferring audio to the vehicle.​
Mahjong
The relaxing tile match game has been elevated with a clean, modern design, smooth animations, and calming sounds. Match identical tiles. A tile is playable if it is open on the left or right and isn't covered by another tile. Continue pairing tiles to clear the board and your mind!​
To access Mahjong, tap the Application Launcher > Arcade.​
Auto Turn Signals
Turn signals can automatically deactivate upon completing a lane change, fork, or merge.​
Tap Controls > Lights > Auto Turn Signals.​
myQ Connected Garage
myQ Connected Garage door openers are now supported Monitor and control your garage door remotely using your vehicle's touchscreen. To set up, tap Controls > Locks > myQ Connected Garage > Link Account, and follow the instructions.​
Note: Your vehicle will automatically recognize all existing garage doors if you already have a myQ account.​
Climate Control Fan Speed
Adjust fan speed intensity while remaining in AUTO climate by selecting between 'LO', 'MED', and 'HI' from the fan intensity selector on the climate control popup.​
Scheduled Light Show
Schedule the Light Show for up to 10 minutes in advance or watch a multi-car orchestra by setting them to start simultaneously. Celebrate New Year's with the Auto Light Show or create longer custom shows.​
To access Light Show, tap the Application Launcher > Toybox.​
Dog Mode (Improvements)​
View the interior camera from the mobile app while using Dog Mode or Sentry Mode. To enable Live Camera, tap Controls > Safety > View Live Camera via Mobile App.​
Note: This feature requires Mobile App version 4.15.0+ and Premium Connectivity.​

See less See more
#6 ·
This seems to be a minuscule update, maybe just for me (UK). Did notice only one thing and that is a small text reminder that points out some obvious thing about energy, so insignificant that I can't remember it. Maybe there are more than paltry happenings underneath. I can report though, Kangaroo mode is still active :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Updated last night to 2022.44.2 & am NOT the least bit happy. Everything was reset! Even the screen is white & it's never been like that. This was a relatively benign update that only added a couple of very minor features. Adding something to software shouldn't cause the rest of the software to delete all user settings. This is on top of the previous update that screwed up my a/c, causing me to have to set it to 67 when it's sunny & 85 outside in order to get some cool air. In the 9 months I've had my 2019 M3 everything has functioned flawlessly (except for a couple of times AutoPilot SLAMMED on the brakes for no good reason). The a/c has worked great & always had it set to 71 except on the hottest, sunniest days when I lowered it to 70. Even my wife, who's always too cold, was complaining it was too warm. Hopefully that's fixed so it would at least make the time spent resetting everything worth it.

#11 ·
2022.44.2 has been installing for 45min+ and it’s showing only 60% done.

#16 ·
Jumped from 60% to done 15min later. This has got to be the longest update install I've ever experienced.

#15 ·
22.44.25 here for me, Apple music (as expected), enhanced dog mode, some schedule light show, auto indicator, climat fan speed change when on auto, mahjong, and a few other pointless tweaks. Nothing exciting. Maybe it's fixed the RNG keep gap thing though. But I'm thinking it'll still be 'Mr Magoo' and not be able to see anything in bad weather. But hey, if I subscribe to apple music (I don't) and pay the premium connectivity (I don't), I'd be able to listen to music I already have. so progress for me.

(sorry , just noticed a separate thread for this)

#17 ·
OP updated with new release notes.
2022.44.25.1 Release Notes:
Rear Screen Control (new S & X)​
Control the rear screen directly from the front seats. Select between front and rear displays as the preferred audio source, or completely lock the rear screen. To access, tap the Application Launcher > Rear.​
Note: Theater Mode controls are only available while parked.​
Zoom Meetings (new S & X, 3, Y)​
Make video calls with Zoom using the interior cabin camera. If you have a Zoom meeting in your Calendar, tap the link to automatically start or join your meeting. Participant video and screen sharing are only visible while parked and will switch to audio-only if you drive. To access Zoom, tap Application Launcher > Zoom.​
Steam (Beta) (new S & X)​
Access the Steam store directly from your Tesla. Buy and play immersive games that have been verified on Steam Deck. With Steam’s cloud synchronization, resume your game from your Tesla or any Steam device. To access Steam, tap the Application Launcher > Arcade.​
Note: This feature is available on Model S & X (year 2022+) with 16GB DDR memory, and requires Premium Connectivity.​
Apple Music
Stream over 100 million songs and 30,000 playlists ad-free. Listen to your entire library, discover new music, and tune into live radio stations. To access Apple Music, tap the Apple Music icon in the Application Launcher, scan the QR code with your mobile device, and login with your Apple ID.​
Note: A Premium Connectivity subscription is required to stream Apple Music over a cellular connection.​
Always Rainbows
Allow your driving visualization to show Rainbow Road when Autopilot is active.​
To enable, tap the Application Launcher > Toybox > Rainbow Road > Always Rainbows.​
Emissions Testing Mode via Mobile App (new S & X, 3, Y)​
Emissions Testing Mode can now be used from the Mobile App. Long press any quick controls icon from the home screen and drag the 'Fart' icon to the top row.​
Note: This feature requires Mobile App version 4.15.0+​
Media Controls (3, Y)​
Media controls are closer to the driver for easy access. Swipe up to access 'Recents & Favorites' and 'Sources', Swipe left or right to also access trips and tire pressure information.​
Contact Lookup
Search for contacts from a connected Bluetooth device. To access, tap the Application Launcher > Phone > Contacts > Search icon.​
Confirm Phone Call Transfer
Active phone calls from a mobile device connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth will now request confirmation before transferring audio to the vehicle.​
Mahjong
The relaxing tile match game has been elevated with a clean, modern design, smooth animations, and calming sounds. Match identical tiles. A tile is playable if it is open on the left or right and isn't covered by another tile. Continue pairing tiles to clear the board and your mind!​
To access Mahjong, tap the Application Launcher > Arcade.​
Auto Turn Signals
Turn signals can automatically deactivate upon completing a lane change, fork, or merge.​
Tap Controls > Lights > Auto Turn Signals.​
myQ Connected Garage
myQ Connected Garage door openers are now supported Monitor and control your garage door remotely using your vehicle's touchscreen. To set up, tap Controls > Locks > myQ Connected Garage > Link Account, and follow the instructions.​
Note: Your vehicle will automatically recognize all existing garage doors if you already have a myQ account.​
Climate Control Fan Speed
Adjust fan speed intensity while remaining in AUTO climate by selecting between 'LO', 'MED', and 'HI' from the fan intensity selector on the climate control popup.​
Scheduled Light Show
Schedule the Light Show for up to 10 minutes in advance or watch a multi-car orchestra by setting them to start simultaneously. Celebrate New Year's with the Auto Light Show or create longer custom shows.​
To access Light Show, tap the Application Launcher > Toybox.​
Dog Mode (Improvements)​
View the interior camera from the mobile app while using Dog Mode or Sentry Mode. To enable Live Camera, tap Controls > Safety > View Live Camera via Mobile App.​
Note: This feature requires Mobile App version 4.15.0+ and Premium Connectivity.​

#19 ·
I have installed 2022.44.25.1, and have taken the car for a brief drive around the block. A few thoughts:

Apple Music integration is great. The interface is really neat and clean, and music sounds very good. No idea about what bitrate it's streaming at, but I don't care as long as it sounds good to my ear, and it does. For those interested, I see no sign of Dolby Atmos capability. I pulled up an album that I know has Dolby Atmos in Apple Music (Kind of Blue by Miles Davis) and the Atmos indicator that's present when browsing on the phone does not appear on the car's screen. But the album still sounds great. Also for those asking - yes, there's a shuffle button.

Having the media player closer to the driver is nice, if for no other reason than you can have media controls/display and the large map at the same time. I mainly use the steering wheel controls for controlling audio so I don't know how much I will interact with this, but it's nice to have it all the same. I also noticed you can flick up to get a larger view of the player, with additional controls, e.g., shuffle, favorites and recents.

Having the trip cards display back in the lower left corner is fantastic. My only complaint is that the elapsed time of the current trip is not displayed, as it was with the old cards system. I like knowing at a glance how long a particular drive is taking me. If you tap on the card, though, the full trips display pops up on top of the map, and you can see the elapsed time there, so this is still a big improvement over the most recent interface. On the trips screen, you can also select which trip meters are shown on the cards. Tapping on the small trips card again closes the large trips screen and restores the map view.

If the cards (either trips or tire pressure) are active, full media controls are available in the full-screen media app. (This would also be useful for allowing your front-seat passenger to control the audio while you're driving.) If you have the miniature media player active at the lower left, duplicate media controls do not appear at the top of the full-screen media app. It appears that there's no way to have the strip of media controls across the bottom of the map anymore.

Homelink controls no longer appear in the lower left corner of the screen, where the cards are. Instead, they've returned to the top of the screen. When they're not active, they are tiny. Some people aren't going to like this, I'm sure. However, when you're approaching your house and the car is getting ready to auto-open your garage, a larger drop-down appears, with an option to cancel, similar to what we would see prior to v11. This works fine for me, but those who struggle with small print may be frustrated.

On the flip side, navigation instructions appear to be significantly larger, and there's a new, separate panel at the bottom left of the screen for cancelling the trip, adding a stop or changing navigation options.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the interface changes I've seen so far. Haven't had a chance to drive it on the highway, so no idea if EAP behavior has changed at all.

#21 ·
Happy to report that the ultrasonic sensors are still functioning after installing 2022.44.2.

#23 ·
Just got the update 2022.44.25.2 and I had a thought about features that Tesla add and why they don't plaster the word 'Beta' on it to cover themselves. Take for example the new indicator cancel, now maybe this is a UK thing. It works about 80% of the time, therefore, I turned it off as I do not know if it's going to work or not and gives me more to think about than if I just turn it off myself when I leave a carriage way or change lane. this gives me more time to think about driving rather than worry about whether the car will do something or not.
I'm an automotive design engineer, have been for 30yrs, I design things for European cars (Tier1). I we designed something that did not work 99.9% of the time, then it would be a failure in a big way. Returns, investigations etc... all manner of crap would head my way if I designed something that failed once in a 1000 let alone 20 times in 100, I'd be sacked. I know things are different for software, so don't shoot me down on this one. Surely Tesla should put 'Beta' next to the indicator function when you look at the information on it, because it is not a fully working system. Doing a straw pole in the office with peoples Mercedes, VW etc... They do not experience this, sure they get error warnings (that's a different thing and in my opinion, a warning is a fail safe that is working) They get features that don't work on occasion but guess what, it goes to the dealer to be fixed, that's different. If I took my Tesla to the service center and said 'the self cancelling indicator does not work 100% of the time, can you fix it'. I'd get laughed at.
It sounds pedantic, but remember, I work in a world of designing things that have to work all the time so you can probably understand my irritation when I get so many features that sometimes work.on my Tesla.
If they put 'Beta' next to the description for these (features), then maybe I'd have a different view. I'd probably think, OK, there's work to be done here, maybe it'll get better.
Sorry for my rant but I'm not allowed to get away with it, why are they? Will this be a downfall of Tesla in the end or will the mercedes, BMW, VW etc.. of the world change to have features that simply don't work all the time? hard to imagine that, people expect more.
PS: love the car, someone asked me in the office if I had a choice of car now, would I get a Tesla (had mine for 3.5yrs ordered in 16'). The answer...probably not. That's because others are catching up quicker than Tesla are improving.

#27 ·
I installed 2022.44.25.2 and by the time I went out to see release notes ( < 1 hr) .3 was there so installing that now. The only reason I went for the V11 junk is finally

• seat heaters on customized bar (yes I know that came before)
  • side marker camera views can be moved around (ditto)
  • tire pressure is back in a sliding 'card'!!!

Little things I guess when meanwhile Tesla stock going boom because the fearless leader is teetering over tweeting

#28 ·
Just finished updating to 44.25.2 and after the update all Trips are reset to zero, car shows in CA on maps, profiles are gone and so are all other settings. Out of warranty car but I have notified local service station, doubt anything will happen but this is poor QA on Tesla’s side it seems to have to restart all the settings :mad:

#33 ·
Well, I got the holiday update last night, 2022.44.25.5. I hope the handling of traffic circles on city streets has gotten better.

#34 ·
Got 2022.44.25.3 last night…and I see another software update is in the que…too bad I’m out of data until 01 January (must use phone as hotspot)…because this version is glitchy.

Phone as key fob didn’t work; sorted that out (resets and a sleep cycle (thankfully the car goes back to deep sleep in less than a few minutes)).

Then Bluetooth (for phone contacts list and calendar appointments wouldn’t automatically connect); had to delete the phone off the Bluetooth list and then add it.

Then, the Homelink button for my apartment garage door wouldn’t show up anywhere (had to use the remote like a caveman to escape); once in the street in front of the garage entrance I could find (and use) the micro sized Homelink button on the top center of the UI.

Then, after I parked the car and the setting reverted to easy entry I got a (new for me) warning that “walk away lock settings have been disabled“; sure enough, checking the lock menu, the walk away lock option had been turned off (in both my easy entry and Mike settings…had to reset them both, drive the car six inches (to prove things out) THREE times before the car understood that I want walk away lock.

Sigh.

This post has been deleted