Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

What is your first impression of the Sony Vision-S?

Sony Concept EV

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  FRC 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It's ok. Fairly conservative styling.

It sounds like Sony doesn't plan to become an auto manufacturer. They just built this prototype to be able to show off their Vision-S connected-car system. So they're probably looking to compete more with Google Auto and Apple CarPlay. We'll see if any auto manufacturers decide to license this system.

#3 ·
It will never see the light of day! It is just a demo.

#5 ·
I think it's built by Magna. See a list of partners at 3:44 mark in their presentation

But the design is probably their own. I agree it has Toyota style, looks ike corollized Model 3 :D

Reactions: $ Trillion Musk
#7 ·
For the most part, I've admired Sony design and user friendliness since the 80's. I'm excited to see what else they come up with.

Would they be able to compete with Tesla tech? I highly doubt it.

#8 ·
I really don't understand what Sony is thinking anymore. They used to be the best household electronics brand, and all their stuff was great when I was a kid. They seemed to let apple and others take it away and haven't bothered to really try. They have a perfect opportunity to get into the EV market. I bet Sony would do a much better job than all the traditional car companies. But they just made it to show off their tech.

#9 ·
I really don't understand what Sony is thinking anymore.
They've been too busy making sure that their customers are locked into their ecosystem via proprietary interfaces (Sony Memory Stick, anyone?) and DRM (remember the rootkit scandal?).

The last Sony product I bought was in 2006. I'll never buy another Sony product again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.