Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in a bit of a jam, so thanks in advance for listening.
Rented a model 3 from a small specialty rental service back in LA. I'm visiting the Grand Canyon, and was counting on the Chargepoint charging station at my hotel to keep me operational. So I'm here in Williams, AZ and lo and behold - the car doesnt have its charging adapter. Where can I buy one, in person? I have about 25 miles of charge left, but would be happy to Uber to Flagstaff and back (or somewhere of similar distance) if I knew they had the adapter in stock,

Any other ideas?

PS: If anyone nearby wants to sell loan me theirs, I'd pay top dollar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Probably can't buy one locally, do you have the 120V plug? Also if you have the NENA 14-50 plug, find a nearby campground
Also make sure that you check the glove box and drunk for the J-1772 adapter.

·
Super Moderator
17,292 Posts
Oh man, that's rough.

The Yavapi Lodge at Grand Canyon has Tesla Destination chargers.
If you can make it there, try calling to see if they'll let you use them.
It says for guests only, but they might be willing to make an exception given your predicament.

Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn has a Tesla Destination Charger too.

Amazon has a few J1772 adapters available for prime shipping, but it's showing Monday delivery for me.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
17,292 Posts
Wait, you said that you're in Williams AZ?

Sheridan House Inn in Williams AZ has a Tesla Destination charger for guests.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Some ideas that might work:

1. Call the Hertz counter at the airport and see if they have any spares you can buy. I'm betting they do have some in case customers steal/lose them when they rent Teslas.

2. Contact a few Turo renters in the area and ask if they are willing to sell or rent you an adapter for a few days.

3. See if Carmax/Carvana has any used ones to sell.

4. Check eBay local/Facebook Marketplace.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm in a bit of a jam, so thanks in advance for listening.
Rented a model 3 from a small specialty rental service back in LA. I'm visiting the Grand Canyon, and was counting on the Chargepoint charging station at my hotel to keep me operational. So I'm here in Williams, AZ and lo and behold - the car doesnt have its charging adapter. Where can I buy one, in person? I have about 25 miles of charge left, but would be happy to Uber to Flagstaff and back (or somewhere of similar distance) if I knew they had the adapter in stock,

Any other ideas?

PS: If anyone nearby wants to sell loan me theirs, I'd pay top dollar.
does car have 110 adapter? tesla supercharger at tusayan but that's 50 miles. rv campground in area if have 14/50 adapter

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
So three weeks ago, a young girl showed up at the local Whole Foods, ChargePoint EVSE but could not find the adapter. Since I have two, one normally at home and one I carry, I loaned her the one I carry after she took a photo of my driver's license. It showed up 10 days later.

Bob Wilson

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
8/10 sheet of paper, cut out 25 small strips, leave on all Tesla you can find with your mobile number. I have the feeling that in that area you will get a hit in an hour (if you haven’t already solved it) and and someone will loan you their adaptor for an hour and you can make it to a supercharger or better.

Also, you could just head south on 89A (one of the best B roads in the country(, all downhill to Sedona and charge there. I doubt you would use any mileage to get there. work it, but if you really have/had a stated 25 miles, you could get there no problem.

But, isn’t there a Tesla Supercharger in south Flagstaff? It’s only about 35 miles if you turn off climate go about 45 mph (or 55 even) and probably take out luggage i‘m pretty sure you could make it there. Taking it down to 35 mph you could probably get closer to 50 miles overall. It’s a pain, but certainly doable. not much elevation change there.

·
Registered
251 Posts
8/10 sheet of paper, cut out 25 small strips, leave on all Tesla you can find with your mobile number. I have the feeling that in that area you will get a hit in an hour (if you haven’t already solved it) and and someone will loan you their adaptor for an hour and you can make it to a supercharger or better.

Also, you could just head south on 89A (one of the best B roads in the country(, all downhill to Sedona and charge there. I doubt you would use any mileage to get there. work it, but if you really have/had a stated 25 miles, you could get there no problem.

But, isn’t there a Tesla Supercharger in south Flagstaff? It’s only about 35 miles if you turn off climate go about 45 mph (or 55 even) and probably take out luggage i‘m pretty sure you could make it there. Taking it down to 35 mph you could probably get closer to 50 miles overall. It’s a pain, but certainly doable. not much elevation change there.
not to many Tesla's in Williams. mostly a truck type area. 89A is a great road but still a good distance from Williams. if I was home in prescott, i would have offered to loan my adapter, but on the road now. the road down from Flagstaff is a long hill down, and you can gain quite a few miles on that stretch. getting to the Grand Canyon does require some careful planning due to limited charging options. Once at the Canyon there are a few charging sites available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts