Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 2 years ago someone drove into me on a roundabout. It put a tiny scratch on my car and also scratched the hub cap, minimal damage to them. Well I contacted them a few days later and said it will be £130 to fix rather than insurance, they said 'ooo sounds expensive', so I said fine. Insurance it is.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I was asked to support the case at court. The video was not allowed to be used in court because it was not submitted by someone! I sent it to my insurance shortly after the incident! But when showed to the barrister outside of the court, the third party representative backed out and obviously I did not even have to go into the court room and was sent home. Net result:
To fix my car through insurance; ~£3500 yes, to replace a plastic hub cap, one wheel (apparently it had to be changed) and remove tiny scratches.
Third party claimed over $40,000 for hire car ect....yes £40k! This was the main reason it came to court...fraud.
Third party legal claimed £60,000...that's right £60k...again, main reason why it went to court.
Court fees....you can only guess that
My insurance legal cover.....£14,000 (which the third party ended up paying)
Barrister fees...lord only knows.
My legal representative was gratefull for attending (I did not have to ), and it saved them paying £110k.
So me, foolishly asked my legal representative to get some remittance for a days holiday I had to use and wait outside court for most of the day worrying and asked for £220 loss of earnings.. The answer was, 'we are not sure we can pay that'. FFS

This is very messed up and the reason why insurance will only get more expensive.

Of course, thankful for the camera as it shows them simply driving into the back of me! But why so long, every time I got insurance for my other vehicles they would say 'but you have an open incident'. So I probably have been paying more on insurance. Mugs, we are all mugs.

Rant over.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently, the third party has not paid up. So I'm being asked if I can support it. My answer, yes, £30 per hour plus admin. Good bye...scoundrels all of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts