Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Tesla White Seats with Ceramic Coating still got weird stain

7K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  kobebrian 
#1 ·
Hey All, I have a 2019 Tesla Model S (I posted in the Model 3 forum because there's way more users here and the seats should be the same :)) with white seats. I ceramic coated them with Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield about a month ago, but when I looked at the seats a couple days ago, I noticed this weird stain on both the bottom cushion AND the lower back cushion (ruling out jean dye):

It did recently rain here, but I can't figure out what could've caused this and/or how to remove it (baby wipes did not work). If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

#2 ·
My wife’s white seats are ruined from dye transfer (black yoga pants did it). I can confirm ceramic coating doesn’t stop it from happening either. I think very frequent cleaning is the only answer and avoiding wet pants.

Reactions: TrevP
#3 ·
My wife's white seats are ruined from dye transfer (black yoga pants did it). I can confirm ceramic coating doesn't stop it from happening either. I think very frequent cleaning is the only answer and avoiding wet pants.
Interesting, since I only used the Gyeon ceramic coating BECAUSE people were saying how well it prevented jean dye transfer lol

I'm pretty sure my stain isn't jean dye transfer, though, because it's on both the bottom seat cushion and the back seat cushion so it's something that came from my shirt/jacket and pants

#14 ·
I can save you some money. I have literally tried every product. They don't lift transfer stains that are locked in.

I now use Gyeon Mild Leather Cleaner very regularly to curb it before it happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.