Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,685 Posts
It definitely means no more EA/EVgo lanes having new Tesla’s. Of course EA/EVgo could add Tesla plugs. Great wealth and riches follow opening up 75% of EVs to charge (and pay) for idle charging spots.

Bob Wilson

· Registered
508 Posts
Does this mean that there is a CCS adapter coming out soon?
Considering that the Nissan Leaf - which sells in low numbers - is the only ChadeMo vehicle still sold in the U.S., it would certianly make sense.

· Registered
1,524 Posts
not holding my breath. I think that financially it makes more sense to encourage others to use the Tesla charger infrastructure than encouraging Tesla owners to use other charging systems. The Tesla to J1772 adapter that @PNWmisty showed in a different thread allows that to happen for level 2. I predict a branded Tesla to CCS coming down the pipe to open up superchargers to others. I haven't been to a SC for about 2 years, but I suspect that outside of the lower mainland of BC, there are lots of empty spots which could be earning money for Tesla.

· Registered
4,302 Posts
The disappearing Chademo adapter is most likely either caused by low sales, or supply shortages, or possibly both.

While a CCS adapter would be nice, the fact is that CCS is far from a standard in the U.S. - it's a "nice to have", but hasn't risen to the level of must have it to charge anywhere but Tesla superchargers. Most of the time, you can do that with J-1772. Tesla might be waiting until that situation changes to really put energy and time into CCS in the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.