Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

Brilliant on your free FSD, how did you manage that? I saw that as a result of the price reduction FSD will be offered to those purchasing before 1 March 2019 for USD3000 in lieu of 6000, but free is even better!

Pickup of our black dual motor LR on Friday in Geneva (Meyrin) took 2.5 hours, a comedy of errors. The staff are all friendly and engaging, but the delivery staff have apparently been hired in the last week or so and have had next to no training on the car, which renders them hopeless (to be clear its their employers fault, not theirs). My wife is a good deal more patient than me and she stormed out after an hour, eeek.

They ended up needlessly rebooting the car so I was sat there for 2.5 hours in total. (At least that made them feel guilty enough to agree to get my car registration document (carte gris) corrected by themselves).

But that said, it is fantastic, no reservations. Even my previously car-phobic teenagers keep goading me on to blast out of the toll gates.

On the french autoroute its newness causes near collisions in the passing lane. Passengers berate the driver of a stinky diesel to slow down so they can have a look, resulting in panic braking behind them, until the next car comes along side repeating the cycle. Meanwhile we continue on blissful in a cloud of smug...
I didn't do anything ! The day after last week's announcement, I received two messages from Tesla, (in German alas, I can't get them to talk to me in English or French !):

"Wir haben Ihr Model 3 um das Autopilotsystem erweitert. Zu den Funktionen gehören Autosteuerung und verkehrsbewusste Geschwindigkeitsregelung. Das Upgrade hat keine zusätzlichen Kosten. Wenn Sie sich von Tesla Kurzmitteilungen abmelden möchten, antworten Sie bitte mit STOP."

and then

"Wir haben Ihr Model 3 um ein Upgrade für volle Selbstfahrfunktionen erweitert. Zu den Funktionen gehören Navigieren im Autopiloten, automatischer Fahrspurwechsel, Autopark und Summon. Das Upgrade hat keine zusätzlichen Kosten. Wenn Sie sich von Tesla Kurzmitteilungen abmelden möchten, antworten Sie bitte mit STOP."

That said, I ordered a M3P with Enhanced Autopilot. FSD wasn't even an option at that time. If I ordered now, the price with AP and FSD would be essentially the same... Still, they wouldn't have to do anything, so I take it as a nice and spontaneous gesture on their part...

I received today the final invoice with a payment deadline of 7 days! Only a matter of week(s) until delivery in Geneva I suppose. I understand from others that we have to take care of the registration at the Service des Automobiles. I have the VIN number so can I go ahead and get this done? Any help from those who have been through the process appreciated ... I am going to need a new license plate as well because I am retiring the old one that is actually in my wife's name. Better for me to do it next week as am traveling quite a bit until month end.

You need the Form 13.20A.
Call Tesla and ask for it, if the car is in CH, then they have it.
With this form and the electronic insurance you get the vehicle papers from the DMV

Reactions: Montblanc
Will schedule my pickup for April 1! Need to sort out my insurance this week - does anyone have a recommendation for insurance for the Model 3?

Yes, I got Zurich as well. 1050 CHF with full collision, park etc.
And they work with Tesla, so they know all that stuff.

Reactions: Montblanc
Call from tesla, the form 1320 is not yet printed. I must receive it by mail, fetch my plates in Lausanne and register myself the car at the Service des Autos in Nyon and if all goes fine take the car on Friday....
Congrats with the new car!

Do you know if it is possible to also get the plates in Nyon? and do they just have some new plates ready to hand out without any preordering?
We have a scheduled delivery on the 28th but have not yet got a call from Tesla, nor received the 13.20 form.
Hopefully it will all come together in time...

Congrats with the new car!

Do you know if it is possible to also get the plates in Nyon? and do they just have some new plates ready to hand out without any preordering?
We have a scheduled delivery on the 28th but have not yet got a call from Tesla, nor received the 13.20 form.
Hopefully it will all come together in time...
Sure at "le Service des Automobiles" , same location as the "Technical Controls" but the other office.

Took delivery of my car on April 2 and it even exceeded my high expectations. The Tesla delivery team was worked to the bone yet managed to keep their enthusiasm high and provide a great customer experience. I did a reasonably thorough inspection and encountered a few issues, mainly the panel fit on the front trunk lid and also there were two damaged parts to the metal on either side of the lid. They will repair or replace at some future date. Also a couple of minor imperfections on the paint that are not in visible spots. The Swiss adapter to our three prong plugs not provided and the spoiler unavailable at present. They will send someone to my residence to install the spoiler when it arrives and I will bring the car in for the front lid bodywork and other touch ups at a later date with the view to have everything done at once. In terms of accessories, I purchased the Tesla mats and they were delivered in two days and are of high quality - very pleased. Have put about 300km on the car so far with a couple of trips to Lausanne from Geneva - enhanced autopilot works very well and I like the regular autopilot for in town stop and go. Haven't tested the acceleration yet as am still getting used to the massive torque and responsiveness of the electric motors.

On another subject, Tesla has not listed my 6 months free supercharging on my account, but has instead credited me with 1'500 kilometers of free supercharging presumably applying the latest referral offer to my car. I need to get this changed on my account as I should have 6 months for using the referral code and an additional 3 months for not taking the test drive. Does anyone know who I can contact at Tesla to for the correction to my account? I hate to bother the delivery team with this if there is another way.

Reactions: OliverM3
101 - 115 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.