Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been in Europe for more than 3 weeks, and everyday I keep setting the charging at 50% in the app (on the green bar), only to find out the following day that the max charge has been reverted to 70%. So everyday it keeps charging 2 to 3% to compensate for the phantom drain, and won’t let me lower the current charge to 50%.
Any tips other than setting the charging in the car itself which is impossible since I’m not there?

· Registered
865 Posts
Turn off Scheduled Charging in the App. Let car sit with no charging. If Sentry and Cabin Overheat are off, phantom drain should drop to .5% a day or less. Eventually it will drop below 50% and you can reset to 50%.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turn off Scheduled Charging in the App. Let car sit with no charging. If Sentry and Cabin Overheat are off, phantom drain should drop to .5% a day or less. Eventually it will drop below 50% and you can reset to 50%.
Thanks for the tip and I’ve been doing this everyday, but the app keeps reverting to scheduled charging on it’s own.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically, I have a few recommendations.
  • Leave the car alone, don't keep opening the app
  • The battery sitting at 70% is perfectly okay.
  • Enjoy your vacation, stop worrying about the car
You’re right and I’m not worrying, but I was just curious and wanted to know if anyone else had experienced the same issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts