Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel alignment MYP 2022
When I took delivery at the end of March the car had some issues. One was the front wheel alignment was way out if you held the steering wheel straight the car would change lanes. Tesla did the alignment that was needed, it fixed the problem. So now 6 months later I feel the alignment is starting to migrate back to where it was when it was delivered. Could this be possible? The steering wheel is not centered anymore like it was after the alignment and is moving the same direction it was before the alignment (not as severe as it was at delivery yet). Should I have Tesla do another alignment or wait until its worse? maybe it's been around 4000 + miles since the last one.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Again, wheel alignment and steering wheel alignment are different things
How long have you been driving? If the front wheels are crooked, you have to turn the steering wheel to correct them in turn make the car go straight. Not sure about MYP but most cars the steering wheel is on a spline and would be very hard for it to move by itself. When Tesla aligned the front wheels, it changed the position of the steering wheel a lot when driving straight down the road. Tesla never touched the steering wheel only the front wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How long have you been driving? If the front wheels are crooked, you have to turn the steering wheel to correct them in turn make the car go straight. Not sure about MYP but most cars the steering wheel is on a spline and would be very hard for it to move by itself. When Tesla aligned the front wheels, it changed the position of the steering wheel a lot when driving straight down the road. Tesla never touched the steering wheel only the front wheels.
Go check the forums for the relatively large number of people whose steering wheel has had to be adjusted because it was maybe 10-20 degrees off from expected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts