Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
17,744 Posts
My 2016 X front passenger wheel area rattles under acceleration.

Is this under warranty?
That's six years ago. Unless you purchased it direct from Tesla with an extended warranty, it's unlikely to be covered.

Make sure you don't have something loose rattling around in the glove compartment.

· Registered
4,302 Posts
As Bjorn says in the video, Tesla does have a fix for that. It may or may not be covered depending on if there's a repair extension on it (since they were unable to repair it at first).

· Premium Member
2020 MX Long Range Plus
283 Posts
My 2020 X had the half shafts replaced, a year later a grinding noise started upon acceleration from 45 MPH. They aren't sure if it is adjustment or same and they pushed me off since they had to get the part and I was heading to the South for 5 months. Needless to say I left it behind at home. and will get fixed in June. hope this helps

· Registered
6 Posts
Better to keep sending it back to have them "try" to fix it, my model X had similar issue and one day while I was making U-turn, a front suspension bolt broke and trigger to subframe shift etc. Still in process of getting this issue resolved with Tesla. Same issue not being able to be fixed multiple times could give you a case of Lemon Car.... just my 2 cents

· Registered
5 Posts
I have 35k miles on my 2020 X and the half shafts have been replaced 3 times. The symptoms for the first two was growling under acceleration. The last time was a rattle above 25mph and coasting or power draw approximately zero. They must have messed up something because a loud popping started immediately after the last half shaft replacement and now they are replacing the steering rack. Fortunately, all under warranty.

· Premium Member
2020 MX Long Range Plus
283 Posts
My 2020 X has 33K miles and has had half shafts replaced twice and adjusted a few times in the same SC (Milford, CT). The most recent symptom was growling on acceleration (average to low acceleration) and growling on regeneration. The SC in Matthews, South Carolina replace the right front air spring module (was starting to fail, exhibited by a rattle). They then lubricated the half shafts at the hub and "Ensured front clevis mount is positioned correctly and torqued to specification.". I drove back home 180 miles (3 1/2 hours), did not hear the growling. I tried a few hard accelerations as well, with no vibration. Fingers crossed this finally took care of it. Note: The suspension was in 'Low' position, which is default on highways. I hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts