Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
51K views 91 replies 45 participants last post by  garsh 
#1 ·
Anyone considering wrapping their 3s? If so, what color do you have in mind?

I posted this on Reddit earlier today, but didn't have time to post it here:

#3 ·
I've considered ordering black and having it wrapped in a different color, like a British racing green or something unique like that. But I think I've finally settled on getting white.

#12 ·
Bright sunflower yellow wrap and paint the aero wheels to be white daisies with yellow centers. And no, not kidding. Just don't have the guts to do it.:rolleyes:
So, I drove up to the Phoenix delivery center yesterday to see all the colors and while there I made a remark that I wished it came in Yellow. Well, last night I found this and OMG I so want this color but I wish Tesla would offer it......

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#16 ·
So, I drove up to the Phoenix delivery center yesterday to see all the colors and while there I made a remark that I wished it came in Yellow. Well, last night I found this and OMG I so want this color but I wish Tesla would offer it......

View attachment 5645
Love this!!! And yeah wish Tesla offered this color. My new dream car is the Roadster V.20 in yellow. :D

Surprised at the wrap price of this 3 though! The owner of the car said it cost $2,000 (saw his Reddit post), which is crazy cheap IMO. I know a guy who had his 3 wrapped and it cost seven grand. I guess that's the Bay Area prices coming into play.

#13 ·
I'm planning on just doing a chrome delete on a white car.

Reactions: Audrey
#36 ·
While I love the idea of a clear matte wrap or getting a new color, i feel I'm better off spending just around 1k to get a couple layers of ceramic that should last around 5 years with reasonable care. If it is starting to wear off (should be noticable when washing), I can have it redone or put the DIY type on yearly. I want the ceramic coat for easy washing and no waxing. If at around 10 years old it has enough blemishes that I'm not happy with it, I'm pretty sure I can get a decent paint job (good enough for 10 year old car) for 5k, or just get a cheap wrap job (though need to make sure paint is smooth enough for the wrap to look good).

#37 ·
Yeah, he also showed me the self healing ceramic coating. He only did light swirls with the wire brush and a heat gun also took those out. I got the felling it would protect against swirl marks from towels or people rubbing up against the car with their jeans but not much else (of course bird droppings and the such too). But as I have been mulling it over, I am now leaning away from doing either due to the price and my crazy obsession with parking away from people, but I cant control it enough at work however. my other cars look great for their age and as you say paint in years will be close to same price.
I will be wrapping the center console in clear for sure.

#38 ·
We talked about this to get a royal purple car and discovered wrapping is roughly $4-5k and only lasts 5 years, so we decided to go with Midnight Silver, and then Blue, and then Midnight Silver. (We are indecisive because we don't really LOVE any of the colors.)
The answer is right there in front of you. Get the Midnight Silver. In 5 years wrap it in Blue then 5 years later remove the wrap. ;)

#44 ·
Does that make it look shinier or is it mostly to protect the paint and color?

(It is really easy to be undecided when you have two people who like the opposite spectrum of colors and the manufacturer doesn't make any stellar colors*)

* my opinion only
The wrap is for protection and the ceramic coating provides some as well. The ClearGuard Nano is pretty shiny on it's own but the ceramic coating should make it shinier and easier to clean. I'm mainly doing this for protection though. I'm getting the Red Multi-coat paint and I'm afraid that if I get a chip or major scratch it would be difficult to match the color.

#47 ·
I wish they still had the green, brown, or offered a deep burgundy color. I would have had a hard time w/ burgundy vs. green in that instance. As it is had a hard time choosing between the dk. silver and blue. Awaiting delivery on a dk. silver AWD. Chose that only because I've never owned a dk. silver car before. Also looking up wrap and tint options (in the Phoenix valley).

#48 ·
I need to get some better pics (gotta learn to clean matte wraps), but I got my Obsidian Black Metallic wrapped with Xpel Stealth and coated with Cquartz Finest a few weeks ago. I've seen videos of matte wrapped cars that retain the metallic flake in the sun, but sadly mine doesn't. Does get some looks. I need to finish the project with chrome delete and wheels. I just don't want the car to be all murdered out.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Sky

#50 ·
Can you do a day time video?

Lol rev ice audio clip at end ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.